Ring Height Help???

bernerd257

I just purchased a Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30x56 and think I am going to go with the ARC M10 scope rings. I have a Borden picatinny rail to mount them on. I need some advice on the height of the rings I should get for clearance. High, medium, low?? If you have any you want to sell me that will work let me know. Thanks for you help.

Usually barrel contour does not matter, but if you have bigger than the standard 1.200" breech end, it could.

I have found that 34mm rings in the .92"-.94" will clear most 56mm objective scopes on almost any contour as long as it is the usual 1.200" breech. One exception is the Vortex Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27×56 with the weird length and scope body design. It takes 1.00" rings to clear.
For me, I would go with the 34mm "low" 24mm (.94") rings.

The other deciding factor is the turret bell diameter. A few scopes like S&B PMII and Swarovski X5 need more clearance under the scope to clear a full length Picatinny rail. Split rails are not effected.

Not exactly the same set up, but here is a Premier Heritage 5-25x56 in Seekins .92" rings over a Sendero contour barrel.
20220527_132203.jpg

Thanks, thats a very nice setup.
It has a Borden Timberline long action with a Hells Canyon Armory heavy hunter carbon fiber barrel, Manners EH1stock. Don't know if that makes a difference.
Diagram of the heavy hunter barrel below.

Heavy Hunter:
A: 1.250
B: 3.0"
C: .860"
E: 27"
F: 7.5"
G: .980"

BarrelBlank.png