Rifles we wish we've never sold, and WHY!

3 rifles, Rem 660 carbine .308, Rem 700 BDL 30-06, Rem 700 BDL 300 Win Mag, sold to my hunting partner. Unfortunately, he did bad to his new wife with another and the rifles went to Texas with the ex. Worst handgun sale, 3 screw Ruger Blackhawk .357 with a custom drop holster rig for quick draw work. Put it in consignment and it was bought by an Aussie who took it home. Guess what most likely happened there. The new rule, BUY DON"T SELL.

Rem 700 22.250 fluted heavy barrel...factory from friend. Shot 3/8 groups with my load 55gr...lesson learned...never sell a gun that shoots that good out of the box..factory McMillan back then..around 1980 I believe...

I am fortunate. I have not sold any guns. I don't plan on ever selling any of them. My sons will get them when the time comes... So, No Ragrets... 😜

My dad however... had a side by side 12 Gage and a Remington 700 rifle that I wish I had. I never shot it, and I never saw him shoot it, but since he's gone now, It would just be REALLY nice to have. Last time I saw them, I was probably about 7 years old. I'm 50 now.

Just a poll to see how many of us have sold or traded away a rifle, that haunts us to this day!
I know that I have, and at the time, it was thought to be needed.
Mine, was a Winchester Sharpshooter, in 7stw. It had a Schneider barrel, blueprinted action, and full bedded action from the factory.
I was in the process of buying a house, and as everyone can imagine, unexpected costs came up, that required fast cash. I've cringed about it so many times.
Thoughts and comments?
What's your story?
.257 ackley improved a tack driver that I got talked out of that I wish I had back !:!!

Yep Enfield #4 mk.1 Was in the Navy and needed cash. My dad had given it to me. Even though he had sportirized it and it wasn't worth much at the time it helped me out. Boy that sucked and it still does and that was about 45 years ago.

Hard to decide between Ruger No1 in 762 39 (so stinking handy,cheap to shoot and actually really accurate) and my first deer rifle which was a Ruger M77 mkII 30-06 stainless that shot factory ammo lights out. Easy to look back and know you screwed up when you can't remember the gun you sold it for to fund!

Like so many others, I had a little CZ 527 varmint in 204 Ruger. It was my most accurate rifle. An absolute tack driver. Those kinds of rifles instill confidence when taking our shots!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.