rifle, shotgun sale


Well-Known Member
Mar 2, 2002
Central Minnesota
Does anyone know if there is anything I would have to do in order to sell a rifle to shotgun? My neighbor wants to buy my Benelli Nova Pump so would I have to tell the place where it was bought or could I just sell it to him without anyting to worry about? I think the word I'm looking for is "private sale"
To protect yourself I would go to a FFL and do the transfer. Most gun shops offer this service for a modest fee. It could save you alot of headaches if the guns are ever used in a crime. Going rate here is $25 per transfer, plus $10 for instant check.

Legally you can do a private sale with no transfer with dealer required. However, it is always good to make a record of who sold what to who and when, etc. Signed receipt with description and SN is good idea, both parties sign and copies to both protects all parties.
Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts