Rifle Selection

Tons of great feedback, thanks to everyone. This forum never fails! I'm sharing the thread with him and encouraging a call with several of the builders recommended. Will let yall know what he decides and then get a range report. May take a while but will be fun to see what happens. And then...on to the scope!!! :) That's for another thread...thanks everyone!
Chris
To add to my earlier post. All my builds are on Terminus Actions (60 degree bolt throw that your buddy is already used to). Depending on cartridge he decides on, and since weight is not a big factor get the Zeus QC, in SA or LA. This will save time and $ in the long run-trust me! Many pre-fits to choose from when the time comes for a new barrel or if he wants multiple calibers down the road. One stock and one optic, screw the new or different barrel on by hand and tighten the 2 set screws. James at Barbour Creek uses these on all their School guns, and his personal guns.

As others have said if the cartridge choice ends up being a 6.5 PRC or any of the WSM's get a LA. Hawkins makes a spacer kit for their Hunter DBM Mags that makes them feed like butter.

Good luck and keep us posted!

PH