Rifle ranges near Missoula?

The Oregonian

just got a job offer with a company in Missoula and hoping to find a place to stretch things out a bit...seems like 200-300 is available but looking for more than that, Not sure if public land, public range, or private ranges are available within a shot drive.

Anyone have any insight or knowledge here?

just got a job offer with a company in Missoula and hoping to find a place to stretch things out a bit...seems like 200-300 is available but looking for more than that, Not sure if public land, public range, or private ranges are available within a shot drive.

Anyone have any insight or knowledge here?

No hands on experience but try http://www.hellgatecsa.org/ for starters.

Good luck and welcome to the Big Sky Country.

Ed

The Deep Creek range has competions to a 1,000 not sure when they or if they open up the 1,000 to the public. You could always join theres some good guys there Alex Wheeler may chime in and would know more about the range.

Deep creek has a public $5 a day range that goes to 200. The gated range that has 100-1000 is members only unless you attend a match and are competing.

Membership at Deep Creek is cheap, and members can shoot out to 600 whenever. The 1000 yard range is open for members Monday and Friday, 8-noon or so (and recommended you call ahead to let him know you're planning on doing that), as well as for competitions.

I have a place in the mountains South near Corvallis.. It's fairly easy to find somewhere. That way, I'm by myself and go at my own pace. Matter of fact, I elk hunt where I shoot so my info is spot on. mtmuley

I'm moving to Kalispell in a few weeks, haven't found any official ranges with deep targets, but my buds and I hunt there and regularly find public areas to shoot as far as you can see or are willing to haul steel. God bless the big Sky country! Don't know why I ever left!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.