Long range shooting near Dallas?

BTshooter

Hi everybody,

I live near Dallas, Tx and have been trying to find places near here to shoot 400-1000 yd targets. I haven't been very succesful at finding a place I don't have to drive 3-4 hours or more. Any way, if anyone happens to know of a range, gun club, or some spots near by I would be very grateful for the info. Thanks.

BT

I live in Argyle. I think the nearest place would be in Weatherford...I think is only out to 800.

Hi everybody,

I live near Dallas, Tx and have been trying to find places near here to shoot 400-1000 yd targets. I haven't been very succesful at finding a place I don't have to drive 3-4 hours or more. Any way, if anyone happens to know of a range, gun club, or some spots near by I would be very grateful for the info. Thanks.

BT

Top Gun Private Shooting Club - Home website is up! 500 yard range north of Dallas, TX is open!

see my links below to search for dfw ranges. tac pro in mingus and tiger valley outside waco. again, links in my signature will get you going.

597 has got the goods...he turned me on to the one north of Dallas too. Haven't been yet, but it will be nice to be able to stretch the legs of my rifles! Haven't had the opportunity to shoot at targets farther than 100yds since I lived up north!

Hi everybody,

BT

Try this place in Decatur. I just emailed them about info on long range classes. What part of dallas do you live in? I live in Frisco and I am interested in long range shooting as well.

Look up "Thoroughbred Rifles". They are a sponsor here and are associated with a LR club North of Dallas as well. Their range if I remember right goes to 1000yds or a mile.

Jacobs plain gun club has an 1100 yard range in Greenville. By far the best place I have found in the dfw area. Four shooting lanes from one firing position spread out over several degrees. Good stuff.

ETSS in waxahachie has 1100 yards as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.