Long Range Shooting

kocoa88

All,

Taking a survey to see what the interest would be if a range were to be developed in the NE corner of Washington State. It would provide high and low angle ranges, known and UKD ranges for rifle out to 1000+ and also other shooting venues for pistol, rifle and the like.

If interest is there it will serve as a place to practice and shoot some interesting matchs in the future. No scheduling conflicts either as it will be a private range.

Take your time and let me know. Or if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Shawn,

All ideas are welcome. There are a couple of ideas in mind but please forward me any that you have and if they are not already incoprated into the greater scheme of things we can certainly take a hard look at them.

If you held competitions there simular to the Idaho State Sniper Challenge, I'd definately make my way out there. I'm on the other side of the State, so I'd not be able to shoot there regularly, although I'd love to. It's a great Idea, I hope it works out very well for you.

Sniper comps, long range shooting comps, as well as other comps will be held and will be more than challenging to say the least. Individuals that are involved with this endeavor have more than 20 years experience in the long range shooting, hunting, sniping and other tactical and non-tactical shooting disciplines. Many of these individuals are still involved with tactical deployments to combat theaters of operations as operators, instruct SOF and LE units, conduct R&D for the firearms industry, fonder of the USMC Scout Sniper Association and have been former members of elite units themselves. This leads to a think tank (if you will) of vetted experts that will bring a shooting venue to the NW that is not currently available.

Designs for the ranges are already in place and have been designed by those mentioned above. Some designs come straight out of the NRA source book while our "hot" ranges are designed based on operational experience to set the tone for realism in training.

This adds up to a tremendous opportunity for like minded people to shoot and gain experience from the aforementioned people while enjoying what they do and striving to become better.

With that said, everything is in the planning stages as mentioned earlier. Your continued comments, questions and or thoughts are highly encouraged.

Thank you.

Things are progressing in a positive manner. Decissions should be made within the next two months. Once that is done I will post here and let everyone know what the status is.

Thank you.

Just thought I'd chime in --
I'm over on the West side of the mountains. The drive would limit how often I'd come play, but I'm sure I could make it out to such a facility a few times a year -- especially for good training/competition opportunities.

Keep us posted.

Post late, but Im would be interested in coming too, but like a couple of others said, Im on the NW part of the state, I wouldnt be able to make there except maybe once every other month for a day or 2, but have to get some good rifles first, which might be a while now

Erik

Update!

First of all I have been remiss for not getting back to all of you sooner. That said things are going well and we will have the ranges up in the spring of 09 maybe sooner.

Thank you for your support.

Coming from NW MT I'm sure we will make it out there at least once a summer. Sounds like fun.:)

Steve

Kocoa88,

The missus and I will be back to the North Central part of MT next year. We will difinately try to make it out that way for a shoot, depending of course on work schedules and such. Good to see ya around, hope to catch up with ya next year.

Geb

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts