Rifle case wide enough for Nightforce

DEATHGRIP

Guys
I have Nightforce NXS 5.5x22 Uncapped turret scopes on my rifles. Does anyone know who makes a hard rifle case wide enough for this scope? Thanks in advance.

I've got a couple older (decade or so older) Gun Guard double scoped rifle cases that will hold two long range scoped rifles with any scope just fine.

It's similar to the SKB/ATA 2SKB-5009

The Pelican 1750 is another very good case.

Plano has a couple of models that will work well for most rifles fitting two but for sure one with a big scope.

Take a look at the Plano Model #10891 and # 1010252

Pictured is the Plano 109181 http://www.planomolding.com/all-weather-double-rifle-shotgun-wheeled-case-black
It has wheels and is decent for price. My cousin has the same case and somehow managed to break a latch. It still works fine though. The Pelican 1750 is a better case but almost twice price imo.

54670685-8D17-4EEB-B2EC-E2711C09829D.jpeg

BD40217C-9E56-494C-BBCE-0B2705D8F56F.jpeg

I would have bought the Pelican, however, the 1750 (200$) wasn't long enough and the 1770 (450$) was too big. I got this one on sale for (125$). Very well made and durable! It would be worth a look.

Plano Field Locker:

109540 FIELD LOCKER™ DOUBLE LONG MIL-SPEC HARD GUN CASE

Engineered to meet military specifications, Plano's new Field Locker™ line of gun cases provides top-level protection for high-end shotguns, rifles and handguns. Equipped with reinforced construction, watertight seals, double-density foam, industrial draw-down latches and customizable inserts, these cases provide security for the transportation and storage of your firearms.

DETAILS
  • PREMIUM QUALITY AND DURABILITY FOR A CASE THAT TRAVELS ANYWHERE
  • HIGH DENSITY FOAM THAT CAN BE CUT TO FIT
  • EXTRA WIDE LATCHES
  • HEAVY DUTY DRY-LOC® GASKET KEEPS OUT THE ELEMENTS
  • WHEELED CASE FOR EASE OF TRANSPORT
  • DESIGNED TO STACK AND INTERLOCK WITH EACH OTHER
  • LARGEST INTERNAL DIMENSIONS OF ANY GUN CASE MANUFACTURED BY PLANO®
  • PACKED 1/CARTON
  • EXTERIOR: 56.38" X 18" X 7.25"
  • INTERIOR: 54" X 15" X 6.38"

Grip, once you select the case of choice check You Tube videos. There are some good videos on how to cut out the foam for a perfect fit of your scoped rifle. You can also buy extra foam pieces to cut out for different size rifles from Carolina Foam on line. I use the electric carving knife the wife has had for years and never used. In one I cut a place for a bipod. My rifles fit the cases much better now. Good luck

I have a Pelican 1750 and love it- it's my 2nd one. The first I cut the middle foam insert to exactly fit my scoped rifle. This one I haven't done that yet, but I have been carrying TWO scoped rifles in it- both are Rem700s with 26" sendero contour barrels. One wears a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 and the other a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50. Both fit in the case at the same time with the middle insert removed. Once I figure out which one I'm going to keep in there permanently, I'll custom cut the foam insert to fit...and probably buy another Pelican for the other rifle. Or, buy more foam inserts and just swap them out depending on which rifle I'm transporting. But then I can only transport one, and two is always more fun than one. :cool:

Another vote for Pelicans. I travel a lot with competition shotguns. I wouldn't trust my expensive guns to anything else. I usually look for sales and pick them up for a reduced cost.

I have a pelican 1750 and love it. It has plenty of room for my Rem 700 with 26" #5 contour barrel, and goodies.

Attachments

• E3A08BD2-839A-4ABD-A5A1-F757D9F522DA.jpeg
    E3A08BD2-839A-4ABD-A5A1-F757D9F522DA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.