Rifle basix trigger install question

Camshaft

I installed a rifle basix trigger on my m700 today and I have two gripes/questions. 1. The trigger has a fair amount of side to side play. I'd say 2mm's roughly. Can this be fixed? 2. My safety feels very sloppy. Not crisp and snappy like it did with the factory trigger. If functions properly but just seems sloppy. Did I do something wrong? I have the trigger set it 1lb 4oz. It feels great. Crisp. No creep or over travel and passes the drop test so I believe I did everything correct. Duty did I?

Some might agree and some will definitly disagree but, IMHO I leave anything to do with trigger work to a qualified gunsmith. I've seen rifles go bang when they weren'y supposed to...it happens. The cost is minimul for a smith and not worth risking. Just my 2 cents.

It shouldn't have that much wiggle in the shoe. Normally you hear that the safety snaps to hard rather than too soft. I'd take it out and send it back. Rifle Basix isn't bad but they're not a jewel.

I've used many rifle basix triggers, and find them very good, able to adjust very well and hold settings. call them first and then send back if not satisfied. they are excellent to work with.

I spoke with a gentleman from rifle basixs today and he is going to send me a new unit preadjusted to 2lbs. The problem with the slop was just a matter of the pin hols in the trigger assembly being a little overbore. And upon removing the trigger from my rifle I discovered that the reason that my safety was sloppy was because the detent ball had popped out at some point. The gentleman from RB was also kind enough as to throw in all new safety parts such as a new lever and detent and detent ball, and priority overnight shipping FOR FREE! talk about outstanding customer service!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.