Timney trigger install problem

caseharvester

I have installed a Timney trigger in my Remington 700 action and it works just fine when the barreled action is not in the stock. I put the barreled action in the stock without the mag box(aftermarket factory 700bottom metal from midway) and everything works fine.

My problem is when I install the mag box,test fire and cycle the bolt the safety Will not move and when I close the bolt the firing pin will fire. I have taken the barreled action and stock apart several times before I figured out it would work without the mag box. I can't seem to see anything that's hitting or rubbing. Hope it's something stupid but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks

Last edited:
There is probably pressure on the trigger from the different bottom metal. I had this exact same thing happen with a timney trigger and that was the issue

I had the same issue. The stock inletting was interfering. Seems the Timney is a bit thicker than the factory.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.