Rifle Basix Trigger

Ace Quackhunter

I am finishing my build this week, and the SAV-2 for the 110 Savage needs some help. I have view their video on replacement and they show a one piece sear / bolt release. My 110 has a separate sear and a separate bolt release the replacement spring is smaller the original as well. Tried to talk to Rifle Basix but they have not contacted me as of yet so no help there. I looked at some schematics from Brownell & Nunrich and they show a one piece as well. not a two piece.
Has anyone run across this before?
Ace

Believe thats one of the early 110's you have. I don't have any experience with them, someone will be along to explain but I don't think a rifle basix will work on yours. Yours must have been made before jan. 1966.

Last edited:
Older" savage 110s can be misleading. Pre 1966 110s had an adjustable trigger but no direct replacements were available for those models. Although a Timney or RB could be fit with all the safety parts & sear of a later model and the receiver could be milled on the side for the bolt release lever on the sear.
This quote comes from page 4 on this Gunsmithing site on another savage trigger thread. Should answer your question.

They did make those 2 piece sears after 1966....probably for production process/cost.
Several had trouble with these falling apart making reassembly impossible.
A search on Savage Shooters Forum may give you the answer you need.
The early pre 66 if I remember correctly were 1 piece.

If you have a picture of yours, the pre 1966 are definitely recognizable.

If it is a later model the new trigger should work just fine but your sear may need repair or replacement.

Post a picture if you can.

Good luck,
Randy

I can't imagine you not finding an answer here but if that is a problem try savage shooters forum

Pre66parts.jpg

Here are some pictures of pre66 trigger parts. Note: 1 piece sear/bolt release.
2piecepicture.jpg

Here is a later model trigger with 2 piece sear. Picture not real clear but it is the 2 piece as far as I can tell (the 2 holes are very shawdowed.

The last picture is a 2 piece which has fell apart. If yours is this style the RB trigger should work.

Attachments

• 2piecebroke.jpg
    2piecebroke.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 93
What style did yours end up to be?
This may help someone else someday.
I have the older style Savage 110 that is not a one piece sear and bolt release so I will not be using the Rifle Basix Trigger for the build. I have another Savage 110 with a one piece sear and bolt release and so while I an in quarantine I will install the trigger on that firearm. But I did learn that the original trigger can be adjusted, down from 5.5 lbs. to 3 lbs. and I have finished my build. So when I can get to the range in the future, I will see if the .338 will group with some 225 coming out the pipe.
View attachment 184741
Here are some pictures of pre66 trigger parts. Note: 1 piece sear/bolt release.View attachment 184743
Here is a later model trigger with 2 piece sear. Picture not real clear but it is the 2 piece as far as I can tell (the 2 holes are very shawdowed.

The last picture is a 2 piece which has fell apart. If yours is this style the RB trigger should work.
That looks like mine, but yours looks in better shape.

I have the older style Savage 110 that is not a one piece sear and bolt release so I will not be using the Rifle Basix Trigger for the build. I have another Savage 110 with a one piece sear and bolt release and so while I an in quarantine I will install the trigger on that firearm. But I did learn that the original trigger can be adjusted, down from 5.5 lbs. to 3 lbs. and I have finished my build. So when I can get to the range in the future, I will see if the .338 will group with some 225 coming out the pipe.

That looks like mine, but yours looks in better shape.
These are actually photos from another site.
The pre66 I had/have is one I built up for my granddaughter. She lives over a 100 miles in another state so I don't have access to it right now. Otherwise I would have pulled it down & take better photos.

Glad you have a plan. There is some good threads over on Savage Shooters as how to adjust the old style. My granddaughters is about 3# if I remember correctly.

These are actually photos from another site.
The pre66 I had/have is one I built up for my granddaughter. She lives over a 100 miles in another state so I don't have access to it right now. Otherwise I would have pulled it down & take better photos.

Glad you have a plan. There is some good threads over on Savage Shooters as how to adjust the old style. My granddaughters is about 3# if I remember correctly.
Thanks, I will check out their site.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.