Retumbo where is it at

I have, probably, about 5.5lbs of an 8lber left and a 6.5X284N, 28 Nosler and 300 RUM like it a lot! Makes me a bit nervous, when powder just dries up all of a sudden?!

Picked up an 8 lb keg from local supplier. Said it was available. If not available from your regular source just give it a week or two, maybe a month & it will show up. Hunting season is way off. Be patient & it will come around.

So many great powders on the market. experiment with others why worry. I love trying different schemes . the fun of shioting and reloading different bullets and powders. The old standd by of 748 and blc-2

I use 7977 which I can find locally. But my results are underwhelming. Hoping I can find something that shoots.

Check the reloading manuals. try Natchez or Midway. Midway on sale no hazmat right now. as good as our local shop is and the local Cabelas some times check the inter net. I use the Berger and Hornady manual the web site for the individual powders.

It's been unavailable in northern Utah for at least 6 months. I've been trying alternatives (IMR8133, IMR7977, Ramshot magnum) but havent found anything that gets anywhere near the velocity of Retumbo in my 300 win mag with a 200g SMK.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.