replacing X MARK PRO trigger

swiper

Going to replace the x mark pro trigger in my 700 REMINGTON whats to best value trigger. This is a 223 hunting rifle looking for 1.5 to 2 pound don't need nothing less than a pound . thanks SWIPER gun)

If it fits your budget, the Jewel is on the top of the list for most. Timney (esp. the Calvin Elite), Shilen, and Rifle Basix are good after market trigger choices.

Good luck!

I bought a rifle basix LV-1 10 oz- 1.5 lb. it is the best value for them I think. I havnt ever owned a Calvin Elite, but it can't possibly be any better that is noticeable to a human. If rifle basix made that LV-1 for Wincheser, it is all I would own.

I have a Jewell in a box of stuff I got from an estate sale. It is a 2 oz target trigger. And I have bought a few regular Timneys. The Jewell is really hard to compare to the others, due to its light weight. My honest opinion of Timney is that the regular $120 trigger is slightly better than a factory trigger after I do the trigger job.

I paid $80 for the Rifle Basix from Midsouth Shooters Supply. You will need to find one WITH a safety kit or the OLD style Remington 700 trigger and rob pins and a decent spring and ball... And e clip.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.