Rem X Mark Pro trigger help!

I have just gotten off the phone with Trigger Tech and it's not ITAR (US only) but ExCol in Canada that have that rule.

PSA Outddors is the distributer in Oz from Trigger Tech.

Man I feel for you. I was able to get one R700 adjusted no problem (was an older R700, like from the 70s) but all the newer actions I've tried, I've had no luck, sounds like what you're running into. For me though the solution was a new trigger, I can't imagine not having aftermarket trigger options for R700, that's a real bummer. I thought all of you folks down under shot Tikkas anyways? :)

You may want to try contacting e-bay seller bcgunsmithing to see if he can help you. He has been around for years. While he offers springs for sale he also in addition to the springs will install same, clean & custom adjustment the pull weight of a customer's trigger. I have sent three Remington 700 rifle triggers to him with requests to install 'match' springs with specific pull weights for each rifle.
FWIW, I had asked for one pull weight to be 1-1/2 pounds. I found it to be too light for my taste and he readjusted it for me. Don't know if he services requests from Australia but you can ask.

Hi all,
Having difficulty removing the epoxy on the rear backlash screw on all 3 of my recently bought rifles. A LR & 2 Sendero II's.
Have broken 3 scalpel blades trying to prise it out after heating until powdery.
Have only managed to get an Allen key partway into one of them so far.
Please, I need help to figure this out.

Cheers.

P. S. I am beginning to HATE remingtons. Funky triggers, pressed metal followers and a price tag around $1000-$1500 dearer than rifles that come with REAL stainless/CM bottom metal, not injected moulded cast CRAP.
Get a tiny flat head screwdriver like what's used to tighten screws in eyeglasses and dig the epoxy out. It may even help to remove the trigger and put it in the freezer over night before trying. This might make the epoxy more brittle and easier to chip.

I have in the past successfully gotten the epoxy out but still not able to turn the screw. I assume they must get it down into the threads as well or they put loctite in there or something.

Hi all,
Having difficulty removing the epoxy on the rear backlash screw on all 3 of my recently bought rifles. A LR & 2 Sendero II's.
Have broken 3 scalpel blades trying to prise it out after heating until powdery.

Cheers.

P. S. I am beginning to HATE remingtons. Funky triggers, pressed metal followers and a price tag around $1000-$1500 dearer than rifles that come with REAL stainless/CM bottom metal, not injected moulded cast CRAP.
Here's a trick you can try....heat your Allen key till it glows....tap it into the screw.....you are going to ruin the Allen key but they are fairly cheap...use a pair of vice grips to turn it....should break it loose for you. You do the same thing for lock tite screws!

I just worked on an X-trigger from Rem. MEK dissolved the epoxy. It might have been solv-oil. I forget, but I carry those two products in the shop for such purposes. then I boil the trigger in water and you should see all the junk that comes out of that trigger housing. then I use a dental pick to get the stubborn parts.

I looked on the TriggerTech website last night and they showed 2 dealers in southeast Australia . I have no idea if the prices are reasonable but the product is as good as you can get. Got this off of the TT website.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Cheers.

Put in a trigger tech you will be extremely happy

I have never had any trouble getting the X-Mark Pro to 3/3.5 pounds with the exposed screw adjustment. For a hunting rifle for 98% of Remington customers that is perfect. if you need better than that you probably need a better trigger. One day in the next year things will loosen up to ship world-wide again. The great thing about the 700, lots of aftermarket options.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.