Rem X Mark Pro trigger help!

MagnumManiac

Hi all,
Having difficulty removing the epoxy on the rear backlash screw on all 3 of my recently bought rifles. A LR & 2 Sendero II's.
Have broken 3 scalpel blades trying to prise it out after heating until powdery.
Have only managed to get an Allen key partway into one of them so far.
Please, I need help to figure this out.

Cheers.

P. S. I am beginning to HATE remingtons. Funky triggers, pressed metal followers and a price tag around $1000-$1500 dearer than rifles that come with REAL stainless/CM bottom metal, not injected moulded cast CRAP.

Thanks Bill,
Unfortunately, Timney do not ship outside the US anymore, and there's no way I'm paying the $450-$500 price tag they want here in Australia.
I am confident adjusting these triggers, have done so for years, just peeved that they decided to put epoxy on everything except the pull weight screw, which is useless unless you adjust the sear engagement and backlash anyway.

Cheers.

Thanks Bill,
Unfortunately, Timney do not ship outside the US anymore, and there's no way I'm paying the $450-$500 price tag they want here in Australia.
I am confident adjusting these triggers, have done so for years, just peeved that they decided to put epoxy on everything except the pull weight screw, which is useless unless you adjust the sear engagement and backlash anyway.

Cheers.Boy that sucks that's a hell of a fee to ship a tiny package like that I just want to make it clear my trigger was from the factory never adjusted just be careful buddy
As mentioned above trigger tech is made in Canada please check it out

I'm using the same type flame as you. In fact I heated the area to the point that the trigger assembly was quite warm.

Scott E Ames,
I have looked at Trigger Tech, they don't ship either as far as I know. ITAR govern what can ship.

Cheers.

I'm using the same type flame as you. In fact I heated the area to the point that the trigger assembly was quite warm.

Scott E Ames,
I have looked at Trigger Tech, they don't ship either as far as I know. ITAR govern what can ship.

Cheers.

It should have turned gummy. It has to get to a certain temp before it softens.

It should have turned gummy. It has to get to a certain temp before it softens.
This is my point, it doesn't soften like other epoxies I have seen, it simply crumbles a layer, which scrapes off, but then there is more under it that requires heating. It isn't softening at all.
The rear screw is totally packed with this stuff.

Cheers.

I'd call TT, Remington puts the stuff on the screws to keep people from doing what your trying to do because of the lawsuits, blame the lawyers not Remington.
He's not in the US and therefore has a lot of problems and added expense having triggers shipped to him

I took my triggers off the gun and soaked them in acetone for an hour. Apply heat and work the screws to loosen. Then put oil on the screws until free of all epoxy. When all done, washed well in the acetone and after setting the way I wanted the trigger to work, I put a dab of green lockette on the screws. After it was dry, i sprayed with g96 synthetic oil, blew excess out with an air compressor and re assembled. Works great and at 2 pounds.
Hope this helps. Not the definitive way to do it but it worked well on my 5 rem triggers.

There are only two screws you should mess with on those triggers,the bottom from screw and the external screw by the trigger shoe.The proxies they use on the back and the top front screws are different.They are not to be removed because they are factory set and not to be messed with.Without changing the trigger spring located behind the bottom front screw,about 3.5lbs is about as low as you can get it down.Look up Ernie the gunsmith.He sells a spring for about $7.00 and instructions on his page.It is very easy to do.You can get that trigger down to 2.75lbs and some will go down to 2.5lbs with simply changing the screw.

I use a dental explorer. Its Quick and simple. Just keep sticking the explorer tip into the epoxy and it will eventually pop out. The ones at hardware store are "Pakistani" junk. Ask your dentist to get you a good one like A hu friedy. I happen to be a dentist so I can attest to it. after I adjust the screw I drop a little blue loctite on it. of course the moment you do it, you void any warranty. The warranty is worthless so no biggie. Those triggers are worthless if you don't adjust them. I can usually get them down to 2-3/4bs but I prefer 3 so you have some thread on set screw. By way the screw that is supposed to set weight under the trigger guard is worthless

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.