Rem X Mark Pro trigger help!

Thanks BP9, Scott E Ames and all.
I had already discovered who the distributors were here in Oz, but prices are ridiculous, looking at a $149USD trigger, even with exchange rate, would cost me less than $450AUD landed here for 2 triggers.
Either PSA Outdoors or Delta Tactical are asking just under $500AUD each for either a Timney or Trigger Tech. I'm not paying that.
We have a thing called the AUSTRALIA TAX.
IKEA found out when they came here that due to the market here, and the Australia tax, they could not offer the prices anywhere near how low they do elsewhere in the world. They said they couldn't undercut any more due to our monopoly laws...go figure.

Look like a I'm stuck fiddling with these junk triggers until I can work something else out.

Thanks all, it really is appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi all,
Having difficulty removing the epoxy on the rear backlash screw on all 3 of my recently bought rifles. A LR & 2 Sendero II's.
Have broken 3 scalpel blades trying to prise it out after heating until powdery.
Have only managed to get an Allen key partway into one of them so far.
Please, I need help to figure this out.

Cheers.

P. S. I am beginning to HATE remingtons. Funky triggers, pressed metal followers and a price tag around $1000-$1500 dearer than rifles that come with REAL stainless/CM bottom metal, not injected moulded cast CRAP.
Try using I small sharp drill bit that fits right inside, use your hand is the power source not a drill motor. It will clean out most of the epoxy.

Worst case scenario, drill the screw out very carefully, then run a tap through the threads to clean them up. Then get a replacement grub screw. That is what I did on one of them that was stubborn like that. On another I was able to get the stuff out by using a cheap soldering iron, I sharpened the tip to a very fine point so it doubled as a pick, would heat the stuff up with the iron, and then slowly pick it out.

It's a massive PITA.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it, looks like a member here can help me out getting this fixed, so all is good.
I have ripped the triggers out and have them soaking in acetone. If this doesn't work, I will probably replace them with Trigger Tech's.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.