Replacement for Crispi Thor - Bad Ankle

sjones

For archery elk hunting here in MT I love my Crispi Thors but I have developed a BAD ankle and need a higher boot. I love the stiff sole and weight of the Thor. Any suggestions of a light weight boot with a stiff sole and ankle support? Thanks

If you want to maintain the height of the boot but have a stiffer/better ankle support maybe look at the Crispi Colorado II. Its got the same sole stiffness as the Thor but has the benefit of their ABSS ankle support system. They just updated it and the new ones should be dropping here shortly.

https://www.crispius.com/colorado-ii-gtx

If you push up to a 10" boot you are going to get more weight and boots that are not designed around breathability as much as the Thors are.

The Briksdal is like a stiffer, higher version of the Thor. Has their ABSS system as well. They're my go to in steep terrain. Thors in milder terrain.

Crispi Guides or Idaho II, Hunters. I have a pair of Guides (200gm) I really like. Also have the Briksdal uninstalled. The Briksdal is a 9", Guide 10". The Guide is not quite as stiff, but taller so a little more support.

Scheels also carries the Kenetrek, will try them. I did try the Crispi Colorado II with ABSS but Scheels didn't have the Briksdal so will try them at our archery shop. Thanks for your input.

I am fourth surgery on my ankle for tendon tears. My Orthopedic surgeon recommended the Kenetrek Everstep Orthopedic boot. They have removable ankle bracing and a rocker soles for less stress on joint.

I have a bad ankle too. I use Kennetrek everstep. They are an orthopedic boot with a little rocker build into the sole so your ankle doesn't have to work so much.

I have a bad ankle too. I use Kennetrek everstep. They are an orthopedic boot with a little rocker build into the sole so your ankle doesn't have to work so much.
Oops. I didn't see all the reply's already about the eversteps, but yeah I agree with them.