removeable cheek rest ?

BUT
while doing measuring for where to place bits and pcs, I discovered one of my butt stock weights was slowly pounding its way FORWARD. CRUSHING foam under recoil. so step one was to install a cross bolt just forward of the weight to prevent forward movement. glue drying.

They are just trying to help and some don't know that the stock needs to slide easily without any catches or drag while under recoil.

For folks that are trying to understand why a rear sock, any type of wrap won't work I hope this picture shows how the rear bag is setup so the rifle slides back easily and tracks straight without any restraint.

Iamososh
JH
032DB6B8-A6D4-46FD-9873-35B868F0922C.jpeg

use some of your hss insert cutting tools.
Different Warner. Small World though. We use some of his inserts as well. We both thought it interesting that we shared the same name and after a fairly lengthy discussion we agreed that there may be some relation way back in the the lineage but neither of us were exactly sure where.

ok...here is what I have done...ordered a small pc of al plate/sheet and will bend the top edge and add adjustment holes for 2 hold downs in the stock,
like several pics . i should be complete before the match

BUILDING something like this. screws only on the far side, no thru holes.
and my fasteners are further forward as my butt stock weigths are in the way.
They are just trying to help and some don't know that the stock needs to slide easily without any catches or drag while under recoil.

For folks that are trying to understand why a rear sock, any type of wrap won't work I hope this picture shows how the rear bag is setup so the rifle slides back easily and tracks straight without any restraint.

Iamososh
JH
View attachment 197736

glued in "stand off's" as threads in the stock.
drilled a small screw size hole and then a larger connecting.
slathered the stand offs in epoxy, insert in large hole, moved over to small hole and tightened in place. cleaned up and waiting to cure. will add more epoxy thru the large holes and really build up around the stand offs.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts