removeable cheek rest ?

well access to a metal shop had it limits. it is set up for light sheet and my 10 ga was over its limits. shear would not cut and rollers would not bend, so cut on a band saw and bent in a v block on a press. functional, not real pretty. drilled holes at plus 1.25 and stuck it on, pulled out my shooting stool and sat down. near perfect. need to do some dress up, cut the studs to length.
stock is not flat on the side so some shimming to square it up.
will try it out tomorrow am on a 600 yd range.

functionally complete

cleaning rod clears it, bolt can come out without moving it.
maybe 20 bucks and time.
thanks for the pics and suggestions

Attachments

• P1000791.JPG
    P1000791.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 65
  • P1000792.JPG
    P1000792.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 54
Yup bench rifles can also benefit from having the butt pad level with top of action. Aids in straight back recoil. Just my opinion Do what ya want I could care less.

your opinion, but in all my years of br shooting, I have never seen a but plate put higher than the top of the stock.
f class. prone yes, br NEVER.

Yup bench rifles can also benefit from having the butt pad level with top of action. Aids in straight back recoil. Just my opinion Do what ya want I could care less.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.