remington vs savage

I would disagree with a few of your points. The current production accustock savages have eliminated any problems with the recoil lugs so that is not a negative for current savage production rifles. I would also question why you feel the accutrigger is cheap. What kind of failures or problems are they prone to? One thing is for sure out of the box most shooters would prefer the adjustable accutrigger to the 6 lbs+ remingtons trigger pull.

The last item is cost. Of course the higher end savages run up into the price range of the lower cost remingtons. But that is not apples to apples. I would put a savage tactical rifle costing $650.00 to $700.00 up against a Sendero anyday for accuracy. With a 1.5 lbs trigger, oversized bolt handle, adjustable muzzlebrake and accustock it is every bit the gun for a lot less money IMHO.

Sorry if I offended you But with a user name of 3006savage you must be a big fan of Savages
and that's great . But my comments were based my gunsmith point of view.

I am glad to hear that Savage has fixed there recoil lug problem because it should have never
happened,

As far as the accutrigger goes it is still the same trigger with the addition of a mechanical link
that acts like a set trigger that allows you to have a trigger pull of 1.5 lbs with a sear break
point of 6 to 8 lbs . so it is no more than a mechanical multiplier.

As I said in my post I don't like any of the new "safe" triggers including some of the Remington's
But they can be improved or replaced very easy.I have only found a few factory Remington
triggers that I could not improve.

And on the cost issue $700.oo wont touch a sendero but it will buy a beautiful 700 BDL.(The
most popular rifle in the world).

Again; Sorry but that's is my opinion.

J E CUSTOM

J E Custom
As far as the accutrigger goes it is still the same trigger with the addition of a mechanical link
that acts like a set trigger that allows you to have a trigger pull of 1.5 lbs with a sear break
point of 6 to 8 lbs . so it is no more than a mechanical multiplier.

Here is a photo of the old trigger and the accutrigger. There are no mechanical multipliers at all. They only block the sear with the blade in the event of an accidental misfire. Other than that I agree it is a standard trigger design. In fact once you depress the blade it functions the same as most triggers out there.

OLD
image012.jpg

Accutrigger

AccuT_Fig1.jpg

The AccuRease is designed to just block the sear as you can see in the photo This system is not a mechanical mutliplier just back up safety device that allows a lighter trigger pull without compromising safety.

Last edited:
iv never owned a savage but i have a remy 700vs (the older black barrel model).220swift for about 8 years and a remy 40xb tactical .308 for about a year. both shoot extreemly well and i hav no complaints , i would never change the swift for anything else .

I recently bought a rem 700 sendero - 300 win mag. My buddy bought a savage weather warrior 338 win. I had $600 worth of work done to mine - bed, trigger job, break....
We went to the range you could cover the holes shot from both guns with a quarter at 100 yds. This was first shots out of both guns with factory ammo.
My opinion of the savage is its a good shooter - I personally don't like the feel of the trigger - I also don like that the muzzle breaks sends the muzzle blast back to you face. Would I buy the gun probably not. My buddy loves them-he owns several. He reminds me all the time that his gun shoots just as good as mine for about $700 less. I say great you can buy the beer when we go to lunch.
I love my Sendero - if I had to do it all over again I would still buy the Sendero.
Go out and shoot both brands - buy the one that feels best and never looK back - just go out and shoot.

Cadillac VS. Geo tracker,and the tracker has an ugly nut between the action and barrel :D gun)
Woo Hoo +1 except might I add Supercharged Cobra to a Geo tracker!
Were I'm from it don't matter if ur savage shoots one hole groups at 1000 yrds you still have a...... Give me a minute...... patooy patooy cough cough Savage:D
REMINGTON M-700 all the way!

Bigbuck

im in the same boat as the op and i have shot lots of 700s and lots of savges. When i look at buying my next rifle i look at the stevens 200 same as the savage and the 700 sps both actions feel horrible the stocks are garbage and both triggers are ok at best, but what it comes down to for me is its 380$ for a stevens and 670$ for the sps now thats 290$ i can bed the stevens with get a new stock from boyds and new trigger. so what it comes down to for me is "your not looking at the mantell when your poking the fire" i dont know about you guys but i cant see the barrel nut from the scope, an after market trigger is gonna feel better and that new laminate stock beets the the tupperware stock that was on it so now dollar for dollar whats gonna shoot better a bedded stevens with a new trigger and ridgid stock or that off the shelf sps? now if i could find a used bdl for less than 500$ that would change the game a little:rolleyes: but the best way to solve the problem is to have both:D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.