338 lapua remington vs savage

updogcharmer

hello, new here but I'm looking for some information.
I would like to buy a 338 lapua for long range targets but unsure which one to get, the 110 ba is ugly but they say it shoots well, the 700 rem I can't find a lot of info about.
thanks

Welcome to LRH. The 110ba is kinda ugly with that aluminum stock. You might want to look into the savage 111 long range hunter in 338 Lm or the 10/110 fcp HS precision in 338 Lm. They are a much nicer rifle than the 110 ba and cheaper to get into. Of the two I would personally go with the 10/110 I do believe it uses the AI mags. I currently have a custom 338 Lm on a savage target action and it works really nice. Any way you decide to go Remington or savage you should have a shooter!!

hello, new here but I'm looking for some information.
I would like to buy a 338 lapua for long range targets but unsure which one to get, the 110 ba is ugly but they say it shoots well, the 700 rem I can't find a lot of info about.
thanks
There are a couple of the Remington PSS .339L's for sale here on the Classifieds and over as Sniper's hide as well.

A buddy of min bought the Savage last month and to be honest we were extremely disappointed in the fit, finish and attention to detail. Hell the factory muzzle brake was cross threaded and installed about 30 dgrees off!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.