Remington updates?

Tac-O

Does anyone have any updates on Remington?

I've been wondering if their production is still shut down and when/where they might start up again.

They're active on Instagram and claim to start production in December and be fully up and running to full capacity by March.

They're active on Instagram and claim to start production in December and be fully up and running to full capacity by March.

Thanks! I don't have Instagram. I've just looked for news articles. Does it happen to say if they're staying in NY? I assume they would be if they're saying December.

The Remington website has been updated to reflect the arms and ammo are two separate companies. Remington.com now displays only ammunition. However at the bottom of the main webpage it still says Remington Arms Company LLC.

If you go to Vista Outdoors website brands you will see all the brands they currently own and the newly acquired Remington is at the bottom of the page. Click that box and it will redirect you to Remington.com

Ruger has not updated its website yet to reflect its acquisition of Marlin. Ruger has updated its splash page explaining why you can't find any of their products in any retail outlet.

I cannot find the website for Roundhill Group LLC the company that bought Remington's firearms business.

• Vista Outdoor Inc. bought the Lonoke based ammunitions business and other IP assets
  • Roundhill Group LLC bought everything firearms that is non-Marlin
  • Sierra Bullets LLC bought Barnes ammunitions
  • Sturm, Ruger, & Co. bought Marlin firearms
  • JJE Capital Holdings LLC won DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands
  • Franklin Armory Holdings Inc. won Bushmaster brand and some related assets
  • Sportsman's Warehouse Inc. won the Tapco brands
Those non-firearms company like Round Hill and JJE Capital are nothing more than suits with bean counters that lick their their zipper boots in the hopes of enriching themselves while letting the brands they buy wilt and wither.

I don't see Remington surviving as a company after Round Hill squeezes the last bit of money from the carcass of what was once a proud arms company. The Remington name and intellectual property is more valuable asset than the company was. Much in the same way that Olin owns the Winchester name. Winchester arms and ammo were separated years ago. Olin knows how valuable the name is and will never sell it but will make $$$$$$$ by licensing the name if it feels the need.

Since the patent on the model 700 bolt/receiver design expired years ago I am sure someone will build a complete line of rifles. I believe Bergara uses the 700 bolt/receiver design and Mauser machines scope mounts into their receivers in the same pattern that Remington does so that buying scope mounts won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Hoping they rebuild for a new era, modern manufacturing, new precision products people want, invite the shooting public to tell them how bad they became, and how to make up for it.
We can name 100 things that went south. Maybe twice that.
Bean counters destroyed it. Shortsighted board members drained it.
And, the customers fled.
They have a monumental canyon to climb out of.

I hope they are bringing in some new up dated ideas and QC as I have always been a remington fan
All they have to do is come up with a better bluing on their cheap rifles and shotguns, add some QC and maybe work a deal with Timney or Triggertech and ditch the X mark.

I'm very familiar with how disastrous private equity group takeovers can be. One destroyed the company I used to work at.

I was thinking that with how terrible Remington's rep for quality is nowadays, Roundhill actually sees the opportunity to make Remington a highly respected arms company again and make a profit on that rather than try to squeeze a few dollars from the ashes of a once great name.

Fingers crossed!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.