Jamison 408 Chey Tac brass updates....

Boss Hoss,

No there is no problem getting brass, there is just no brass to get!!!!

That situation will be hopefully in the past soon.

We will see if Jamison actually will listen to those of us that test the hell out of this brass and will actually be selling it for them.

Kirby Allen(50)

BD408,

I told my contact at Jamison that if they did not reduce the diameter of their primer pocket down to at least 0.2070" they would just be ****ing their investment in the air because no matter how hard the cases were, they would not handle multi reloads.

Unfortunately, they do not really care about multi reloads as their main customer, Chey Tac only wants one firing and trash the case. We will see how important civilian orders are to them.

If they would make the cases to the same specs as the TTI brass, they would be in business. Never used the european cases and really have no reason to use them as they are not easly attainable for my customers and I have no reason to test something that they can not get or will not be able to get in the future so hopefully Jamison listens to us and does what we tell them to. We could have saved them alot of money if they had alot earlier.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,
Chey-Tac is not happy with the primer problem either as they have many customers that reload. Chey-Tac is coming out with hunting grade rifles next year so the general public will be needing a supply of high quality brass, 408 and 375 with a possible 338 version.

Dont get discouraged guys, there will be plenty of brass soon.

dave

408 brass

I got my 20 pcs. of brass yesterday--- Thanks I Micro the primer pocket and all pcs are no more than .2050 by all the info I have read that should be good???? I will test this brass asap right now I'm under Dr. orders to stay in the house. I want to help make this cal be the best it can.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all you gun lovers

Stephen, that great news. After you shoot, let me know what to do with your other 180 pieces.

Merry Christmas!

Are you sure they are 0.2050" in diameter? Make sure your calipers are zeroed. If so, that is great, as long as you can get a primer in them. IF there is a good bevel on the primer pocket mouth, they should work.

Shoot some with upper pressure loads and tell us what happens after the first firing as far as primer pocket tightness is concerned when you seat the primers for the second firing.

Kirby Allen(50)

New 408 brass

Yep checked the calipers it was at-0- I necked it down to 375cal with 2 bushings and then trimed. Seated the primer and all when good it also had a good bevel. Max load will be around 3080 fps with RL-25 130 grs. 375 Lost River Soild. It's going to be late next week " I hope" b/4 I can test them. We are all in the same boat and I'll be more then glad to ship some of this brass to you if someone can test b/4 that.

Thanks for all the help

i have one piece of this brass and it has XM-2 on it. as i am not familiar with who makes any brass, was wondering who the manufacturer was?

I could pressure test the stuff tonight if I had a couple pieces. Hell, even one. If your willing to part with it let me know and I will test it as soon as its in my hands.

As to your 375. That seems like pretty low velocity for a 375 CT? I am hoping to see 3250 fps at least with the 350 gr SMK. Now I know this is a solid compared to a lead core bullet but I would think you would be pushing 3200 fps depending on barrel length. I will be using a 32" pipe.

I guess it only matter if its accurate!!!

Anyway, let me know on the brass, I could test and post results on how it stood up with in hours of getting the brass.

Kirby Allen(50)

That is what is holding me back as well.

Don't hold back guys. With the current brass, you can get 4 or more reloads. I have 100 fresh brass and that should last me and my baby a few years of elk hunting ;-)

Get enough brass to shoot 1000 times and you are good through your first barrel.

AJ

408 Brass

The brass I have is 408 Jamison with 2 stars. It looks just like the brass that Lawton send to me in June 07. Send me your address and I will send what you will need or if you want to talk on the phone send your # here is mind 276-682-3872

Thanks for the help

408 C.T. brass

I've got a 32" barrel on my gun. I was told to work my loads up to 130grs RL-25 and not much over. At 3087fps that's @ 10' with a old alpha chrony the S.D. was good and it shoots great by my std. I'm willing to go higher if someone will lead.

Thanks for the help

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.