Jamison 408 Chey Tac brass updates....

Did some testing on the new lot of Jamison cases. While not as good as I had hoped, it was better then the last lot. With a slight reduction in pressure of the loads used, you should be able to get 5-6 firings per case which makes them very usible for these rifles. That is after fireforming the cases with corn meal.

I was satisfied to the point I told Jamison to fill my order with cases built to these new specs.

They also told me that they were going to reduce the primer pocket tooling to 0.2075" diameter which is 1/2 thou smaller then that used on this latest batch of brass so that will help some also.

No idea when the new cases will be in my hands but the order was placed and confirmed. All of this first order is already spoken for by my customers so at this time none is available for sale.

Kirby Allen(50)

... With a slight reduction in pressure of the loads used, you should be able to get 5-6 firings per case which makes them very usible for these rifles. That is after fireforming the cases with corn meal....

Kirby, I hope everyone realizes that 5-6 loadings/brass for a rifle that generates more than 7000 ft-lbs energy at the muzzle is great!

AJ

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.