remington senderos

ken johnson

How good are the senderos out of the box?I am looking for one in a 300 ultra for a 5-600 yd gun.Is it hard to get them to shoot half inch 100yd groups without a lot of work?

I am shooting a 300 RSAUM out of the box. During break-in, the rifle put 9 round in a 0.720" group with factory ammo. Best groups thus far, 0.202" @100yds, 1.14" @ 300 yards, 1.44" at 535 yards. All groups were shot with 53.5 gr Varget, 175 SMK, RP9.5M. 1/3 MOA to 535 yards or better . . . I'd say its doable! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Sendero is a great rifle. Too bad Remington decided to discontinue this model.

Regards,

JD338

Well, if you glass bed the action and find the right load, how does a 1500 yard gong whacker sound? Calm days can even produce great groups at 1 mile with the cartridge you mention and a good 220 grain MK.

What was Remmy thinking when they cut this serious player?

That is what I was hoping to hear.I have been looking for one for the last few weeks locally without much luck.I am surprised that they quit making them,I should have bought one sooner.Thanks for the replies.

Factory 180 Swifts will cut 5 shot clovers in my 300 RUM with no work. I am calling the gunsmith today to see how much the bolt not closing all the way is going to cost me. (after 100-150 rnds) ***??? I was there 10 minutes and 2 people called with bolt issues on remingtons. I want to get it bedded, blueprinted, and a new trigger but will have to wait and see what this bolt issue is going to cost me.

My Dad Has two which place bullets on top of each other. One hole groups with both his stw and his 22-250. I have a friend who has one in a 300rum that has had some custom work done to it. He bought it used so I dont know what and it is also a one holer.

How good is a Sendero. Well this is Glen Pearce being congratulated by John lazzeroni for wining the Tucson 1 K sportier match with my blue printed Sendero. John was shooting his Firebird right beside Glen.
glenn.jpg

I set up a 300 RUM sendero for a friend before elk season. He put a Leupold VX2, 6-18 Target on it and I told him to buy some 200g AB"s, Retumbo, and Federal Mag Match primers. I loaded up 3 each at 93g, 94g and 95g. 95g turned out to be a real winner. 3225fps, less than 10fps deviation, 3/4" @200 yards. I then came home, loaded up 3 more, got the clicks figured out and shot a 3.5" group at 525. Not to shabby if you ask me for throwing a load together with a Sendero out of the box. He packed the sendero into the canyons for 5 days then said the hell with it. He could not pack it up and down the canyons with a bad knee and back this year. He ended up taking his Rem 300 Win Mag with 180g BT's I loaded up for him as well, and ended up taking his 5x5 bull the next day at lasered 750 yards. I really really wished he would have had his 300 RUM that I set up for him to see what the performance would have been like. I would see no trouble getting 1/2" at 100 yards with fine tuned load.

[ QUOTE ]
The Sendero is a great rifle. Too bad Remington decided to discontinue this model.

Regards,

JD338

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the deal with that?!?!? I bet that they sold every one that they made. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

That silly marketing move occured just before I became a
member of this great site. Therefore it is one of the 2
reasons that I use this name.
I currently have 2 Sendero's, one with a Lam. stock (somewhat limited run) in 300 WM, which is extremely accurate & a 25-06 regular Sendero which was average until
Kirby did his # on it & now it is a 1/4" rifle even with me
behind the trigger.

I am trying hard to find a sendero sf in 300um.If anyone has a lead please let me know.I have checked all the local remington dealers and they haven't had a sendero of any caliber for a while now.Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts