Remington Sendero

dcederberg

So I bought a new Sendero 300 Ultra Mag, put a 4-16 Vortex PST on it and it turns out to be a real shooter with Berger 168 VLD'S. I am very pleased with the gun except it has a hard time pulling the brass out of the chamber at times. If you use the cleaning rod to push them out they are not stuck in there at all. I guess my question is are these guns famous for bad extractors? or am I just lucky. Also what is the best option to fix it?

My Sendero SF 7mmSTW does this as well. But I think it's more from Remington using reamers that have too generous of a chamber width, or too they ream the head-spacing a couple thousandths too deep.

I plan on taking mine to my smith for inspection next time I head down there to have him finish up a rifle build for me.

Thanks for the reply Mudrunner, I have been doing a little reading and it sounds like a lot of folks use a Sako extractor, I am going to do a little research on this.

I believe I misread your post. You mean the extractor slips and leaves the brass in the chamber? If that's the case, then I answered incorrectly, as my rifle does NOT do that.

I thought you meant that it was tough opening up the bolt and getting the bolt to slide back with the shell still in the extractor.

My appologies.

The best option in my opinion is to have an M-16 extractor installed by a good gunsmith. I have had several done and they work great. Gary

If your having a hard time getting the case to come out of chamber it could be your primary extraction. Bolt handle is probably to far back on bolt.

If your having a hard time getting the case to come out of chamber it could be your primary extraction. Bolt handle is probably to far back on bolt.
I haven't heard of this problem in Senderos in the past but that is certainly a possibility. Before jumping too far I'd have a gunsmith check it out.

Years ago I had a 700bdl 7mm Mag that had this problem and it was due to the bolt face being improperly finished. It just needed a small bit of cleaning out and it functioned perfectly from then on.

OP take a look at your bolt face, do you see any brass shavings stuck in it?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.