Remington Sendero, which Leupold

I think you would like the vortex hst 4-16-44 it has an awesome reticle and zero stop. The glass is really good for a 549.00 scope and it has many features you wont find anywhere else for the price. After a lot of thought and field use we decided to offer the vortex pst sfp on our rifle packages as we found it to be an excellent scope with awesome features for the money.

I personally have an hst, hs-xlr, pst sfp, pst ffp, and a razor on the way to say I am fan would probably be about right!!

JWH@406

Really? Even with them being $50 apart in price? I'm talking about the 6-24x50 FFP XLR Long Range model that is $899...Not the $599 models. Also, have you used the Viper HS LR 4-16x50 BDC model that is $599? How did you like it? How was the glass for the price range? Was is near Conquest quality?

Per a Vortex rep on an optics forum, the PST and HS series Vipers are identical internally (same glass, etc.). You can call them to confirm.

Per a Vortex rep on an optics forum, the PST and HS series Vipers are identical internally (same glass, etc.). You can call them to confirm.

Good info right there...Might have to check into that.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...Let's get back to the OP's point of focus (no pun intended)...

For the OP. I have 3 Mark 4 Leupolds and they are where it's at for Leupolds in your price range. When compared to the PST I had and the Sightron SIIIs I currently have, the Mark 4s are much clearer at high magnification in twilight. I'm not sure if they've always been this way. My Mark 4's all have the new extended twilight system and they are all crystal clear.

For the OP. I have 3 Mark 4 Leupolds and they are where it's at for Leupolds in your price range. When compared to the PST I had and the Sightron SIIIs I currently have, the Mark 4s are much clearer at high magnification in twilight. I'm not sure if they've always been this way. My Mark 4's all have the new extended twilight system and they are all crystal clear.

i have mk 4's and v-x3's both. same optics the metal is thicker on mk4 making them heavier. also the mk4's come with different reticles that is why got them.

I like Leupold too. I had a Zeiss Rapid Z 800 on my 300 RUM and it did not stand up to the recoil. One day the internals broke loose and large parts were rolling around inside the scope tube. Zeiss replaced it, I promptly sold it and bought a Leupold.

I'm currently doing a mountain rifle build in 280 Ackley Improved, and after considerable research, settled on a Leupold VX3, 4.5-14x40mm LR, with 30 mm tube (model #66410). I paid $630 including shipping for one NIB on ebay last week. It has duplex crosshairs and the side focus that is essential for long range shooting. I'm sending it to the Leupold custom shop to have the M1 target turrets installed which will cost $130. I settled on this model because it will be primarily a timber rifle, its fairly light and compact as compared to the LRT models, and I did not want mil dots or TMR reticles cluttering up the cross hairs.

The CDS dial is fine for shots to 500 or so, but if you want to utilize your rifle's full potential, you will need MOA marked turrets and a program for calculating drop and drift correction. I think Leupold is far and away the best product out there for the money. My only complaint is that they do not have the zero stop feature like Nightforce on most of their turrets, although the turrets are marked so with some practice and attention to detail, it is not hard to figure out how to return to zero point. Let us know what you decide. Good luck.

I have a few Leupolds and they are fine. 4.5x14x40 ao tar reticle and target turret for elevation with custom dials. Also 6.5x20x50 setup the same way. My dad has the Vortex hs lr 4x16x42 and it seems ok but on my 300 rum I run a huskemaw 5x20x50 and love it so much I will never buy another scope! They are a few extra bucks and I know you are wanting Leupold but I would seriously save the extra coin and be done with it! Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.