Remington Sendero Performance Expectations

I got two of them. Mine are the first ones with the blued barrel. One in 300win mag and the other in 22-250Rem (When they used to make it with the webbed Sendero stock) The 300 Win Mag shoots 3 shots inside a dime at 100. With almost every bullet I've loaded for it. 175Gr Sierra Match King and 180gr Nosler Accubond. and the 22-250 has shot 3 shots inside a dime at 200yards with 55Gr Nosler/Winchester Combined Technology ballistic silver tip. Only other work I've done is Muzzle brake on the 300, adjusted both triggers myself. Its very easy to do with the Model 700's. They shoot great I wouldn't sell mine at all :D

Just purchased a Remington Sendero 7mm Rem Mag and I'm loving it. Here's a list of highlights/mods I've done to the rifle

Remington 700 Long Action 7 mm Magnum action
HS Precision stock with aluminum pillars
Floated, threaded, and Fluted 26 inch stainless heavy barrel
X Mark Pro adjustable trigger
Hawkins precision stainless tank muzzle break
Phoenix custom rifles billet aluminum bolt knob
Weapon works glass bedding
Egw hd picatinny scope rail
Burris xtreme tactical detachable scope rings
Vortex viper pst 6-24 x 50 illuminated moa scope with sunshade
Vortex scope bubble level
Vortex front flip scope cap
Butler creek rear flip scope cap
Blackhawk sportster track and traverse pivot bipod
Kick eez recoil pad
Cheek eez cheek pad
Beartooth comb raising kit
Grovtec sling swivels
Brownell tactical plus biothane sling

It will shoot 1/2 MOA at 200yds and I look forward to taking it out to 1000 yds soon
I have been using factory ammo thus far. Hornady superformance 140 grain. Had great results but will probably hand load to take it any further than 600 yards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 60
I have a older 300 ultra , I have had good luck with HSM ammo 3 different bullets will shoot .75-.90 at 100 yards . Now I roll my Own and gun will do .50 at 100 yards and will hold 3.5 " groups at 600 yards . Like Jeff said bedding and trigger and brakes help tighten thing up !!! Thing you must do is get out and shoot it !!!!! :D

Your rifle looks great, please keep us posted as you shoot it and start reloading.

I am thinking of buying one from a friend (308) and turning it into a 243 for woodchucks.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts