Remington Sendero Performance Expectations

germano1

What kind of 100yd groups can I expect with a Sendero chambered in 7mm rem mag or 300 win mag? Worst case scenario groups with factory ammo and hand loads? I know groups can vary a lot from gun to gun, but what is a general average group I should expect?

I have owned several 300 Sendero's and one 7mm Rem sendero. All would shoot sub moa with good hand loads and Berger VLD's.

I did bed the front lug, tune the triggers and install brakes.

Jeff

A friend recently purchased a Sendero in 7 mm Rem Mag. Factory ammo would not come in under 1". Handloads have shot umder 1", but the rifle needs trigger work desperately.

I bought mine used, 3rd owner, with all the paperwork.
Other than taking it apart and inspecting it, then torquing it in place I have done nothing to the action or stock. I did have the trigger tuned by a noted gunsmith and that was the best thing I could have done.

Having said that, I get groups just over 1 inch with Winchester Supreme 140 gr Ballistic Silvertip ammo - at 200 yards. I'm sure the rifle is capable of better. :D I have not bedded it yet because there hasn't been a need given its accuracy, and will start handloading for it once my Christmas presents arrive.

I've also tried Hornady Superformance ammo in it and done almost as well.

One of the best out of the box rifles made.gun)

I agree.

I have no experience with 7mm or 30 caliber versions, but I do with 25 caliber and 22 caliber versions (22 was actually the short action VSSF).

Both rifles I've been around showed very good accuracy with nothing but trigger work. Consistant 1/2 minute accuracy with good tuned loads were/are common with both rifles.

Here's some pics of my pet load in the 22-250, I don't know if I could shoot this good with a 7 or 300 mag, but the rifles seem capable.? My friend has some groups like this out of his 25-06 Sendaro also.

Attachments

• 22-250 VSSF at 100yds.jpg
    22-250 VSSF at 100yds.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 73
  • 22-250 VSSF at 200-400yds.jpg
    22-250 VSSF at 200-400yds.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 82
I've shot a bunch of them and own two. All were sub MOA or right at MOA right out of the box at 100yds.

With mine I pulled them apart, bedded and floated the stocks, and did a trigger job on them.

Both are now sub half MOA with factory ammo.

My friend with the 25-06 Sendaro is out shooting it at 500 and 600 yds today.

He just called,
He's getting anywhere from 1/2 moa to 1 moa with factory HSM ammo at those distances.
IMO, that's pretty decent/acceptable for a factory rifle with factory ammo.?

My friend with the 25-06 Sendaro is out shooting it at 500 and 600 yds today.

He just called,
He's getting anywhere from 1/2 moa to 1 moa with factory HSM ammo at those distances.
IMO, that's pretty decent/acceptable for a factory rifle with factory ammo.?
Well you can spend 3x as much on a custom or more and not do any better.gun)

The big difference being of course that the good custom builders will gurantee you a 1/2 MOA build if that's what you contract for.

german- what are you shooting at? targets? i adjusted the trigger on my 300 and my 7's. the one factory load i shot out of the 300 wm was .171 for 5 shots. have not shot factory out of the 7's. handloads are around .3-.7.

Sub moa with various hand loads (Hornady 139 sst, 162 & similar weight nosler and Barnes) out of my sendero stainless fluted in 7 mmSTW.

I bought a Sendero in 7mm STW from another LRH member a few months ago. I haven't shot factory ammo out of it but with my handloads it shoots 1/2 moa from 100 out to 800 yards. I haven't shot it furthee then that yet but I bet it will do just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.