Remington Bankruptcy

They aren't going anywhere. Big Green will remain after debt restructuring. Probably sell off their pistol and AR lines.

They aren't going anywhere. Big Green will remain after debt restructuring. Probably sell off their pistol and AR lines.
After having shot several of them that belonged to other folks...You won't get any complaints from me about those going away... I think Big Green needs to stick to 7's, 700's and shotguns...It's what they do best.

In OUR world, if Big Green goes away, that will truly be the passing of a true American idol, and legacy!
Just like, Apple pie, and Chevrolet. I've got a green blood flowing through my veins, I've had a few that were less then perfect, but the great ones over run the bad. I truly hope they do come back, even better.
Freedom group sucks! Straight up! Nuff, said.

This is the progression of the modern American Business Model when it is run by bean counters vs a real gun person.... Using Bankruptcy Courts to screw all their venders out of owed debt while all the upper management stays with golden parachutes and raises is just BS... They will get paid to clean up the total mess they created... Ain"t our Bankruptcy Laws and courts just great... Pay enough politicians enough donor money you can run a company into the ground and get paid to dig it out

Ya it looks like the parent company racked up 1 billion of debt for Remington in a decade.

Guy in charge of that probably made millions for doing it too.

May as well give that guy a name.

Stephen A. Feinberg. Could be a handle worth avoiding when naming your child.

May as well give that guy a name.

Stephen A. Feinberg. Could be a handle worth avoiding when naming your child.
Hmmm...That correlates a familiarity with the anti-gun zionist globalists... I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but I'm not saying he's not either, because I've never even heard of him before, but I am saying there is common denominator there (do your own research).

The truth is that Freedom Group has a horrible reputation for royally FUBAR'ing gun companies from virtue-signaling to the gun-grabbers and anti-gunners, and from ****-poor decisions to "increase" their personal wealth (not necessarily for the good of the company) leading to QC issues and horrendously late-to-the-game product advancement, which cripples sales when you're that far behind the times. The gun community moves fast and fluidly, and these days you must also be able to have a fast-changing and fluid business model allowing adaptability with changing trends and technological advancements.

Remington needs to be bought-out by a TRULY pro-gun, pro-2A patriotic company, that's not afraid of becoming modern and up-to-date, that's ran by shooters, hunters, and modern sportsman (not a bunch of 100 year old Fudds) who are not in it just for a crisp clean fresh dollar bill, but who TRULY love hunting, shooting, guns, the gun community, and respect our Constitution and laws, that don't kowtow to fear-mongering anti-gun lawyers and anti-gun lawsuits and other BS from negligence, and most importantly, a company full of people who actually LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!

With the way that their QC has hit the fan, it was only a matter of time. I recently was invited by a friend who works at Remington to buy a gun at a deep discount and even then I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Hmmm...That correlates a familiarity with the anti-gun zionist globalists... I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but I'm not saying he's not either, because I've never even heard of him before, but I am saying there is common denominator there (do your own research).

The truth is that Freedom Group has a horrible reputation for royally FUBAR'ing gun companies from virtue-signaling to the gun-grabbers and anti-gunners, and from ****-poor decisions to "increase" their personal wealth (not necessarily for the good of the company) leading to QC issues and horrendously late-to-the-game product advancement, which cripples sales when you're that far behind the times. The gun community moves fast and fluidly, and these days you must also be able to have a fast-changing and fluid business model allowing adaptability with changing trends and technological advancements.

Remington needs to be bought-out by a TRULY pro-gun, pro-2A patriotic company, that's not afraid of becoming modern and up-to-date, that's ran by shooters, hunters, and modern sportsman (not a bunch of 100 year old Fudds) who are not in it just for a crisp clean fresh dollar bill, but who TRULY love hunting, shooting, guns, the gun community, and respect our Constitution and laws, that don't kowtow to fear-mongering anti-gun lawyers and anti-gun lawsuits and other BS from negligence, and most importantly, a company full of people who actually LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!

Feinberg... the guy behind Cerburus. The guy that ruined Chrysler.

Several recently built Remington products that I own are a disappointment after having experienced their classic 700's and 870's. I've been avoiding Remington for a while now hoping that they'd turn the quality around. I can't imagine they'd close the doors and lose the brand name that has been built for so long. Hopefully they restructure, regroup, and remember what used to make them great.

Feinberg... the guy behind Cerburus. The guy that ruined Chrysler.
Now I know why that name sounds familiar... The more I thought about it (after posting), the more I started to recognize that name...But I didn't know from where. I used to be big into diesel performance and still drive a Cummins, so, as someone who watched that down the drain, he can go screw himself. He shouldn't be allowed to make financial decisions for homeless people, much-less multi-billion dollar a year corporations.

Do you guys think they will be gone and totally out of the business or will someone buy them out and continue to make there rifles and shotguns?

Do you guys think they will be gone and totally out of the business or will someone buy them out and continue to make there rifles and shotguns?

I think the brand will survive. Savage filed for bankrupcy protection in 1988 and look at them today.

Here's a clip from Wiki:
"The company was run by a variety of owners from the 1960s to the 1980s. Savage eventually ran into financial trouble in 1988 and filed for bankruptcy protection.[1] Production was then reduced to the basic Model 110 bolt-action rifle. And the Model 69N Riot Tatical 12ga. Stainless Steel, Pump shotgun, now a $20,000.00 Collectors piece. A turn-around began in 1995 with the company returning to private ownership, led by Ronald Coburn, previously of Smith & Wesson."

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.