Remington Bankruptcy

No more bimonthly Obummer's commin' to git yer guns paranoia inspired cleaning the shelves of everything that goes boom?

That is a big bummer to say the least. Let's hope they can pull it out. They have made some really high quality firearms available to the average guy and custom builders. :(

Say it ain't So!!!
They will be missed, But I have heard there quality had gone down hill sharply in the last 5 or so years. All 5 model 700s I have owned were made in the 70's 80's and 90's but all were top notch.

They won't be disappearing. The chapter 11 bankruptcy will allow them to do some massive restructuring or guttingof the company.

My thoughts are that they will be selling off a specific part of the company.

Their new parent company sucks.
Freedom Group destroys gun companies. They destroyed Dakota Arms within a week after they acquired them. AAC went to crap almost immediately after they acquired them as well. Marlin went to crap and went belly-up. And so did Winchester back in like 2008 when Freedom bought them out. They're NOT a "freedom" group. They are a bunch of wolves in sheep's clothing, and only care about the profits or the legacy of some of these names they're purchasing that spend 100's of years building. Do some research on WHO actually owns "Freedom Group"... Hint search Cerberus Financial.

Cerebus got uncomfortable after Sandy Hook and investors started pulling money. In addition to the brands already named, Barnes is part of the Freedom Group as well and I think Bushmaster. Quality has gone down hill as well. As i noted on another thread, when private equity gets involved there is only one concern. Return on money. They don't care about the product or people just the money. We should all be concerned when we see companies taking money from private equity as they could have the same fate.

I hate the way business is run now...most corporate earning have nothing to do with money made by the business but is tied to stock price, and how easy it is to borrow money (how cheaply it can do it)--and most business are heavily leveraged that way. One small hickup and bankruptcy.

My family at one time many years ago had small town banks(something unheard of now). My Aunt that ran one of them said, "when banks make money other than loaning out and charging interest on customers money--the end is near" I don't think she was far off...and that was about 1991 when she told me that...I think finance is the root to a lot of the problems....

Remington appears to be the latest victim of Freedom Group's poor business model of cutting too many corners to improve the bottom line.

As listed here before me, many fine firearm brands have crumbled at the hands of Freedom Group.

Hopefully Remington can be restructured under bankruptcy and be acquired by better ownership.

Remington appears to be the latest victim of Freedom Group's poor business model of cutting too many corners to improve the bottom line.

As listed here before me, many fine firearm brands have crumbled at the hands of Freedom Group.

Hopefully Remington can be restructured under bankruptcy and be acquired by better ownership.
Yeah, like by the people who run Browning and Ruger, that actually listen to their customer's wants and needs, and because so, they're both expanding and growing at a substantial rate! Both of those companies have revamped their twist rates to modern bullets (the Ruger American Predator in 7mm-08 now has an 8.5" twist, and Browning has switched all 7mm's to 1:8"). If some company like that were to buy Remington, and fix the QC issues and the antiquated twist rates, they would turn that company around in a heartbeat. Wish Remington would hire me for R&D or for a product consultant.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts