Remington 700 Troll

remmys used to be the cheap ones when compared to the model 70. but became popular because of that. they are simpple and easy to work on.

the huge amonut of remmys bolstered their popularity when all the aftermarket guys started making stuff to improve on them. they are IMO the easiest to improve. Rem saw this and upped the price because of popularity.

i guess it's just greed, in the end.

a model 70 with the mauser action is still the rifleman's rifle. and a new factory model 70 is again, IMO twice the rifle a model 700 is. you have to go to a sendero before you get the same quality.

the pre and current controlled round feeds are a lot more money. the push feed model 70 i feel are not any different from a 700 .

the pre and current controlled round feeds are a lot more money. the push feed model 70 i feel are not any different from a 700 .

I agree, a push feed winchester lies somewhere wih a remington 700.

I paid $850 for my model 70 fwt new. It was well worth it.

To be fair you can buy a Rem SPS in 700 for $550. The Long Range model with Heavy Varmint Barrel and B&C stock for $700. An XCR II or VTR for $750-$850 depending on caliber. Or an XCR or Sendero for over $1000.

Just to be clear which flavor Ruger is OP comparing to which flavor Rem 700.

IMO both the cheap Ruger American and Rem SPS are both quality rifles. Then again I am the type of girl that can pick up whatever brand gun and like it.

As far as entry level bolt centerfire rifles go All I've seen from Remington were not nearly the rifles that the entry level Savage, Ruger, Howa, Marlin,Mossberg rifles are.
The 770 was a singularly upsetting turd.

Attachments

• Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 43
As far as entry level bolt centerfire rifles go All I've seen from Remington were not nearly the rifles that the entry level Savage, Ruger, Howa, Marlin,Mossberg rifles are.
The 770 was a singularly upsetting turd.

770 is subpar for sure but the original topic was regarding the 700.

770 is subpar for sure but the original topic was regarding the 700.

Actually, models to stay away from would be 710 & 770. And I'm still not positive on the 783...

However, the 700, IMO opinion, is still the best bolt-action platform ever made.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.