Remington 700 SPS 300 RUM

Steve O

I just bought a 300 RUM in a Remington 700 SPS, I want to get the maximum accuracy out of it, but I dont have alot of money. I was told to free float the barrel, glass bed it and reinforce it. How do I do this with the factory stock?

I suppose if you rough up the material the bedding might stick to that slippery injection moulded stock. IMO it would be better to remove the "tupperware" stock and replace it.

Obviously the top fiberglass manufacturers like McMillan are THE way to go. Sometimes money is an issue. I bought a sps 243 last year and put it into a Bell and Carlson Remington Ti alaskan. It had pillars but nothing else. It shot so well that I never bothered to bed it. If I were putting a hard kicking 300 RUM I would bed it. Now that model also comes with a intregral bedding block system. The stock also comes with a decelerator pad. Price is just over $200.

Link:
Bell & Carlson Alaskan Wilderness / Mountain Rifle Remington Model 700 Stock - Right & Left Hand Available - NEW Model!

Give stocky's a call and make sure it will be a drop in fit. 561- 584-8500

I just bought a 300 RUM in a Remington 700 SPS, I want to get the maximum accuracy out of it, but I dont have alot of money. I was told to free float the barrel, glass bed it and reinforce it. How do I do this with the factory stock?

Unless you like to do it your self I would recommend replacing the factory Tupperware stock.

You will spend lots of time and some money and still may not get the desired results.

There are a few guys that have made them work and maybe they will chime in.

I would go to Stockys and spend a couple of hundred dollars for a laminate stock and then
bed it they are always an improvement over the Tupperware stocks. Plus they look better.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.