Remington 700 Question

rbecker08

Hey everyone so this is my first real rifle and I am looking forward to being able to shoot long ranges with it about 800-1000yds. I have a remington 700 that fires a winchester 300 mag and the rifle currently has a two piece scope mount. First I think that a one piece is preferred and need to know if I have a long or short action. Can anyone shed some light. Thanks Rich

Hey everyone so this is my first real rifle and I am looking forward to being able to shoot long ranges with it about 800-1000yds. I have a remington 700 that fires a winchester 300 mag and the rifle currently has a two piece scope mount. First I think that a one piece is preferred and need to know if I have a long or short action. Can anyone shed some light. Thanks Rich

If your rifle will eject a live round for your 300 Winchester Mag, it is a long action. That is, as long as it is a 300 Win Mag and not a 300 WSM (winchester short mag).

AJ

just bought a rem 700sps in a 308 BBL rifle and i threw on a 10X40X50mm Osprey 10 - 40x50 mm Long Range Tactical Scope, Matte Black with a harris bipod and a uncle mikes Neoprene Buttstock Shell Holders and a tactical sling i put about $1,000 in everything so i was wondering if i should throw on a .308 VORTEX FLASH HIDER threw brownells and what ammo should i use. I just can't wait to go and shoot the thing it's going to be great

best of luck

Charles H Mousseau JR
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.