Remington 700 LSS

Ankeny

I am not sure if this is the right place, but here goes. My brother is looking for a .300 Win Mag (maybe a 7MM) for hunting deer and elk in combination out to around 500 yards. This would be simple, but he is left handed. Not a whole lot out there for left handed shooters.

I found a left handed Remington LSS in .300 Win Mag on one of the Internet gun sites. All I know is the LSS is a laminated stock, all stainless, with a 24 inch barrel. I would prefer a 26 inch tube, but what the heck. Can any of you tell me what the taper is on the 24 inch barrel? I can't find specs anywhere. Also, how is the Remington laminated stock? Lots of resin, hard as Hades, heavy like a brick, etc.? Are there any concerns about the stainless reciever? If nothing else, I could get the gun (X-Mas present) and if it doesn't shoot for beans, send it off to have the action squared and a new barrel installed. Bottom line, is this a decent rifle? While I am at it, what's the scoop on the new CDL? I see they are available for left handers in a 7mm Remington Mag. Thanks in advance.

...you'll probably like the LSS model a little better, especially in the magnum versions... the CDL has nice cosmetics but a very thin taper barrel, I believe; LSS has a nice looking laminated stock & the stainless should serve you well...in any case, either platform would be ideal for further accurizing you mentioned... the best one is the one you "like the best"... good shooting, Larry

I shoot a .338 Ultra Mag in a model 700 LSS and it's very shooter friendly. It is a pefect combination of wieght and stock design for this caliber. The only work I have done to it is a Limbsaver recoil pad and adjusted thr trigger pull. It shoots dead on accurate with most anything I feed it and even without a muzzel brake the recoil isn't as bad as one would think. All in all a very good rifle and a good starting point for any future project if one would desire to do any work to it. I also just started a project of building a .264 Win Mag using a model 700 action that used to be a one hole shooting .300 Win Mag. Hope that helped

I see there is a left handed LSS in 300 win mag on Guns America thats has a sale pending for $515.00 - If that is you, it's a good price. If it's not you, send the seller a note incase the sale falls through.

T

You might want to check this out. I found it on another list. Pat S.
::

REmington 7 mm L/H bdl LSS W/monarch Ucc 3-9-40 .silver finish...luepold m&r. trigger job,bedded grey laminated stock,crown polished. mint condition!!!$700.00 shipped.please email me [email protected] for more data!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.