Remington 40XP Adjustable Trigger? Safe to Adjust or Replace?

I have 2 Remington LTR's with 40x Triggers and I really like them. I get the easily down to 2lb 6oz.

I've however never used a Jewell or Timney.

I'd give it a solid try and I might be interested in purchasing it if you decide you don't like it.

Steve

I always buy them when I find one at gun shows because they will replace the standard Remington trigger with performance and adjustability I used them for many years on match rifles when I couldn't find a Canjar. I would have to look at the new ones to make sure that they were the same, but the older ones were perfect for NRA high power Matches because they could be adjusted while the action was still in the stock. (They had the Allen wrench adjustment accessible through the trigger guard.

We weren't allowed to shoot anything below 4 lbs so I can't attest to being able to adjust down to 1.5 to 2 lbs. I set all of my hunting rifles at 2.2 pounds and they work great (At least the old ones do) I prefer the Jewell for the lighter settings and use the model that comes with 3 different springs for better control at different trigger pulls.

Just My opinion

J E CUSTOM

Factory rem triggers can be adjusted quite shootable safely, I hesitate to claim weight but I've adjusted several on mine and buddy's rifles. I adjust them until they go off when closing the bolt, then increase the engagement until I can slap the rifle around with a soft face mallet without it going off safety dis-engaged. I'm no means telling you what to do or endorsing this as a "correct way" but it's worked for me and have yet to have an issue personally. This will definitely reduce the effects of the lawyer effect on new rifles. There are multiple videos on doing this if you need more clarification.
That being said aftermarket options like Jewel and Timney I've always liked a bit more they break a little cleaner and are more repeatable.

I'm not sure if those have trigger spring kits, but I replace my x-marks with a new spring and really like them. I don't hunt with one in the chamber though, so I haven't drop tested them. Just banged the butt on the carpeted floor a few times.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.