Cooper Model 52 trigger adjustment or spring replacement

slas

I've been scouring the internet looking for info on adjusting my Cooper model 52 280 AI trigger, and I'm not having much luck. Are there any good instruction on the adjustments anywhere out there that I'm missing?

One other thing, while reading what little I was able to find, one owner said he replaced his M52 spring with a yodave Tikka spring and worked well. I've replaced my Tikka spring with a yodave and love it. Was curious if anyone else out there has tried this or heard of it. Thanks for any info you can provide.

You have an older or newer Cooper? I think the new ones are Remington 700 style triggers.

Here was a procedure for older.
coopertriggeradjustmentwr5.jpg

I messed with mine for a while, but it didn't change much without a lighter spring. I had no luck finding a spring. If you end up going with a yodave tikka spring, please let us know how that works out.

I've adjusted 7 and all have gotten down to 1.5 lbs with factory spring. I've used the KG10 moly on the sears on all of them.

I have a Cooper 52 with the same trigger shown in the diagram above by XR650rRider. It was supplied with the trigger set at 3.25#, very crisp but heavier then I prefer. I could get it down to 1.5#, but chose to set it at 2#. I set it by just turning out the front/upper pull weight adjustment screw. No spring change. No over-travel adjustment needed. I did initially apply KG10 at the sear juncture, but it only dropped the weight about .25-.5#.