Remington 700 trigger adjustment ??

Hmm everyone wants me to spend $200 buck to fix Big Greens screwup.

Not gonna happen, will put proven Walker trigger in there first.

Hmm everyone wants me to spend $200 buck to fix Big Greens screwup.

Not gonna happen, will put proven Walker trigger in there first.
You have a VERY narrow and uninformed view! Everything manufactured and sold by American companies has design limitations built in to keep the lawyers away and the insurance company and the bean counters happy. Cars and trucks, kitchen appliances, water heaters, A/C and all HVAC, lawn and garden tools and equipment, workshop tools, both industrial and home shop, and yes, firearms. How many models have I seen that have some crazy lock mechanism built into them? Too many! How much has Remington paid out in settlements of suits brought about by the Walker trigger? Unknown, but , I'd wager it's in the 10s of millions. Yes, probably paid for by insurance, but what about the increase in premiums Rem gets to pay,,,,,, if they can even buy product liabilty insurance. Hence, the move to "lawyer triggers". And just think, because of the law suits and settlements you get to pay more for the product, no matter what you are buying! $150-$200 is cheap compared to the cost of an accidental discharge that causes harm. Lawyers make twice that per hour. And they can't seem to do anything in 1 hours time! "Tinker" with that trigger all you want to, it's on you then. Remington ain't in the business of building target rifles OR target triggers.

Last edited:
Yes and I ordered one but I'm still gonna tear into it to see what can be done.

As William said: " First kill all the lawyers."

I have no experience nor knowledge in adjusting triggers. Not wanting to be responsible for someone getting hurt. If a trigger needs adjustment I take it to my trigger gunsmith for a rework or order a Timney and pick it up the same day. Timney is 15 minutes away.

Seen a good video on youtube a few years back on how to adjust the Mark X Rem trigger. Followed the instructions in the vid and got the trigger down to about 2lbs. It was safe and worked good.

Never kept the link. Stupid me as I may need it again sometime. I will check YT in the next few days and if I find it I will post it.

It was some what like this one. I remember I removed the sealant from the front screw with acetone. In this video he gets it down to 2.5 lbs. Mine according to my Lyman TG is just over 2 lbs.

The screw on the bottom does NOTHING for pull weight. I removed the glue on my Rustington and actually reduced the weight- it would not safely get below 5 pounds. The fake adjustment screw on the bottom that serves no mechanical purpose other than to irritate the daylights out of a shooter? It went right where my tax dollars went- gone forever.

My advice:
Get a Triggertech. Remington is sadly, circling the drain and I'd be willing to put a Benjamin down to bet they don't last as a company longer than the X-MarkBlow.
Sell the X-MarkBlow to your local mouth breather.

The trigger in that video does not appear to have the adjustment allen head in the trigger face as mine does.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.