Remembering the Older Days of Reloading/Shooting

Not to detract from the original thread, the "Good Old Days" did not apply to shooting and reloading alone, as some in this thread have already pointed out.
For those of you who relish the idea of have a good old fashion muscle car from the 1960's or 70's, remember that back the you could buy a GTO or Charger or Camaro or Mustang or Barracuda and more for about $3500 bucks off the showroom floor or special order. Look at the going prices today at auctions for some of them.
I'm thrilled to have one of my favorites from that era...
I don't like to golf, but I watched that four times just to make sure.

Not to detract from the original thread, the "Good Old Days" did not apply to shooting and reloading alone, as some in this thread have already pointed out.
For those of you who relish the idea of have a good old fashion muscle car from the 1960's or 70's, remember that back the you could buy a GTO or Charger or Camaro or Mustang or Barracuda and more for about $3500 bucks off the showroom floor or special order. Look at the going prices today at auctions for some of them.
I'm thrilled to have one of my favorites from that era...

Reminds me when my brother took leave from the Navy and drove from San Diego to north MS in his brand new 1970 Camaro. He called one morning stating he had a couple of weeks leave and would be driving for home. 29 hours later, he pulled into the driveway! Holy Cr@p!

Reminds me when my brother took leave from the Navy and drove from San Diego to north MS in his brand new 1970 Camaro. He called one morning stating he had a couple of weeks leave and would be driving for home. 29 hours later, he pulled into the driveway! Holy Cr@p!

That's not too bad! In the early '90's when working a 7 on 7 off job, several times a year I would leave work and immediately drive straight through to BR, La. from South-West Wyo. in my high performance……1977 Honda Accord 😂. Often making the 1800+ miles under 30 hours! 🙀 I usually had to get 4 or 5 hours sleep once getting there!

Then do the same getting back to Wyoming. Round trip, 4 days visiting family, and back to Wyoming…..back to work without burning a vacation day! 😉 memtb

Last edited:
That's not too bad! In the early '90's when working a 7 on 7 off job, several times a year I would leave work and immediately drive straight through to BR, La. from South-West Wyo. in my high performance……1977 Honda Accord 😂. Often making the 1800+ miles under 30 hours! 🙀 I usually had to get 4 or 5 hours sleep once getting there!

Then do the same getting back to Wyoming. Round trip, 4 days visiting family, and back to Wyoming…..back to work without burning a vacation day! 😉 memtb
Ok, how many speed traps did you get by, or how many tickets did you get.... 🤔 That route is notoriously bad for cops.

I don't know how much they cost but I remember my brother and myself smashing live primers with a hammer on the concrete floor in the basement. They were pretty loud. Thinking about it now we are lucky we both still have our sight. Mid 80's. Also remember on 4th July dumping a line of gunpowder down the driveway to balloon or something that really went bang. Both would be pretty spendy and foolish today.

Ok, how many speed traps did you get by, or how many tickets did you get.... 🤔 That route is notoriously bad for cops.

Somehow I managed to avoid a ticket! Though, I was OD'ing on NoDoze and Dr. Pepper!

One time I stopped at a McDonalds in Quanah, Tx. for a burger and restroom break……the car may have been stopped, but I was still doing about 80! 😂

A Qualifier…..I was much younger then, and could handle sleep deprivation pretty darn good! Now, I sleep 6 or so hours, eat breakfast….and need a nap soon after! ☹️ memtb

Somehow I managed to avoid a ticket! Though, I was OD'ing on NoDoze and Dr. Pepper!

One time I stopped at a McDonalds in Quanah, Tx. for a burger and restroom break……the car may have been stopped, but I was still doing about 80! 😂

A Qualifier…..I was much younger then, and could handle sleep deprivation pretty darn good! Now, I sleep 6 or so hours, eat breakfast….and need a nap soon after! ☹️ memtb
Sleep 8 hrs. and might not need a nap 😁

I got pulled over in Quanah. Ooohhhh......What a fun time that was!🤪

Once, I asked my brother what was the fastest speed he made on a couple of his trips from San Diego to north MS in that 1970 Camaro, and he stated that at night and in the desert he once pegged at the bottom of the speedometer. In that version of Camaro the speedometer went to 150mph. He said that one time he noticed an Arizona state trooper parked along the road side as he rapidly passed, and all the trooper did was turn on his red lights as he approached and then turned them off as he blew by. Those were different days with very little night traffic.

Recent Posts