Remember this? What's the rifle?

Inter arms mark X, The TV one has had some custom work on it. Owned one in 1968, had fancy California stock, high cheek, in 25-06, bought it from areo marine in Birmingham Alabama.
Inter arms didnt have a stripper clip cut out and hump on the back of the receiver that is 100 percent 98 mauser not the commercial mark x

Yes that's a Weatherby ButterBean posted, has all the features of modern Weatherby's. But the rifle in the video YZ-80 posted is a 98 Mauser. Doesn't mean it's not chambered in a Weatherby caliber.
In addition, Weatherby's initially used 98 action's from FN in Belgium. But again, the YZ-80 video shows an M98,w/thumb cut etc.

Last edited:
Yes that's a Weatherby ButterBean posted, has all the features of modern Weatherby's. But the rifle in the video YZ-80 posted is a 98 Mauser. Doesn't mean it's not chambered in a Weatherby caliber.
In addition, Weatherby's initially used 98 action's from FN in Belgium. But again, the YZ-80 video shows an M98,w/thumb cut etc.
That is also correct I have a prewar mod 70 win converted by wearherby when in South Gate California from 30 govt 06 too 300 wearherby still has their pacmyer recoil pad with Tomorrow Rifles of the day on it too confert they first do a rockwell hardness test lengthen the mag box and open the rails and bolt face bought it when I was in gun sales yrs ago didnt mean too still the post just thought I'd share

That is also correct I have a prewar mod 70 win converted by wearherby when in South Gate California from 30 govt 06 too 300 wearherby still has their pacmyer recoil pad with Tomorrow Rifles of the day on it too confert they first do a rockwell hardness test lengthen the mag box and open the rails and bolt face bought it when I was in gun sales yrs ago didnt mean too still the post just thought I'd share

Relic from WWII, zillions made, olde like probably like more than 78 years olde, Hitler's Armies -- most likely started out as a Kar 98K 7.92mmX57. Used world wide and some like the VZ-24 (BRNO, one of the very best of type) occasionally were used by the VC in Viet Nam in the 60's.

Don't drop the barreled action on a cement floor - its that thumb slot.

I thought it 1974. Dolphins and Vikings. The year the Dolphins had the only undefeated team in the NFL. I quit watching pro sports a few years after that.
You are probably right. I think the Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl X was 1976. That's the last one I can remember.