Who remembers this....?

What a wonderful world we came from. And to end up in this bag of fertilizer.
What really makes me sad is the fact that my grandchildren will never get to experience the life we did.
I still feel like we were the last to experience the good life, we have had to witness everything skyrocket at warp speed and change from one extreme to what is has ended up being today 😞

1000%

All we can pray for is that this country turns back before following the rest of the world off the cliff.
You got that right 👍
I have a feeling that we are pasted the turn around point and to right this ship we have to go off the cliff to have any chance at bringing it back to where it should be but that to has it's dangerous turns

I won a General Mills (breakfast cereals) drawing (send a box top) for a Lone Ranger cap pistol and holster set when I was a sprout. The pistol looked very much like the one in Len's picture.

IMG_7430.jpg

Oh yeah! Glad I'm not the only one. I still have my holster as well.

Man those were fun. I wonder how long it's been since I thought about a cap gun! I burned up a lot of caps and was always spinning my pistol and practicing my draw.

My grandpa collected colt pistols and had some real gems. He also had some really cool leather belts and holsters, spurs, an old poker table and other western paraphernalia. One room in the house was dedicated to his western collection. Wish I had a picture of his collection. It was amazing.

Lord, hadn`t thought of cap pistols in years. But I do remember that smell.......a smell of innocent childhood.
Does anyone remember the little baking soda frogmen and submarines?

Somewhere there exists a picture of me on my Rocking horse with boots, chaps, shirt, vest, hat, and belt with double holsters. One of these in each hand letting it rip. I was 4 or 5 at the time. There was also a guitar that came with the outfit. I'll have to see if I can find it.
There is also one from the same timeframe of me in a diaper enjoying a Shlitz or Pabst Blue Ribbon. Those were the days.

Yes I do. I had a pair of them, and one of the Hammer springs broke, and somehow my grandfather fixed it. You used to be able to get bang caps at the local convenience store too. Those were the good Ole days!

We used to play cops and robbers and burnt up thousands of rounds of ammo in my grandparents back yard. Then one 4th of July, we graduated to Roman candles and PVC pipe launchers, my aunt and uncle weren't happy, my grandfather was like, leave them alone, stupid and hurt will overrule wildass thinking, it did, especially when I got hit in the mouth and knocked a tooth out, cousin ended up with a nice burn above his gun belt and we set an abandoned dilapidated shed on fire. Grandfather made us "reimburse the volunteer fire department for time and effort by washing fire trucks for 4 weeks in a row.