Who remembers this....?

Absolutely!! My parents surprised me on my 7th birthday, in the mid 1950s, with tickets to a Gene Autry show. There were 100s of us cowboys in the auditorium enjoying Gene Autry and his horse Champion. (Being a farm kid I remember being concerned about Champion leaving a deposit on the stage…never happened.) I remember wearing my cowboy boots, shirt, hat, and jeans. Of course I had a double holster with a pair of these special, silver revolvers. That was the general dress code for this event. Probably a historical "public" attire, by today's standards.
Thanks for triggering these great memories Len. (Incidentally I was the fastest quick draw in the family…left and right handed. LOL) I wonder how many of us can credit those cap guns to our current interest?

Unfortunately I always had feeding issues and was relegated to a single shot.
My brother and I both had one. One shot pretty weĺl, the other not as much.
Of course, we'd always fight over the better one.

And yes, like Honker posted, we'd shoot them in the house and get a butt chewing...

Awesome memories! Thanks Len!

@Len Backus these people are local to me and straight up good folks. Bob Terry is a good a man as God ever created and he firmly believes in God, Family and having boat loads of fun along the way. I was introduced by way of my cousin's husband, another deeply rooted individual intent on walking their own path.

They have American made cap guns, they have all the rolls and anything else you want to become Roy Rogers or Gene Autry for the afternoon.

Wild West Toys

Honestly, how many people can make a living selling the toys of their youth and make a few movies along the way.

My brother and I were so eat up with them I had a Vaquero engraved for his retirement to match his old cap pistol.

He was a conventional draw and I was cross draw. I usually lost, but I looked cooler!

Here is the Vaquero

1704561426030.jpeg