Remage / savage

Bucklowery

What are you guys using to lock Dow barrels and nut setup. Just curious what others do. I have been putting anti seize on barrel threads and lecture on nut and torquing it down

Thanks

Buck

Not sure what you mean by Dow barrels?
And what is "lecture"?

With my Savage builds, i put some anti sieze on the barrel threads, screw the nut on the barrel, barrel into the receiver. Set headspace and snug the nut.
Torque to 80ftlbs.
Check headspace.

I don't do anything different if it is a shouldered barrel or a remage to lock it in place. They all get anti-seize and torque. The difference is having to bother with headspacing and setting the nut.

I would never put loctite on a remage nut. When I've torqued to 50+ft lbs I haven't had an issue across multiple rifles. I ran an RPR for a few thousand rounds in 308 and 6.5x47 and I have remage rifles in 6 creed and 6.5 Addiction currently.

^^ This. I don't see how it could be detrimental, but the nut is no more likely to break loose than a shouldered barrel when properly installed.

Remember that copper anti-seize is a no-no on stainless barrels. I use nickel...

^^^
From Loctite:

However, it is important to remember that while many compounds exist for stainless steel, copper anti-seize on stainless steel will create inter-crystalline corrosion which can cause parts to crack or break when under heavy loads.

Could be typical overly cautious (typical) metallurgy speak- but for me, no reason to not just use nickel on both chromoly and stainless and be done with it.