Remage how to?

I do savages but remages are no different. You'll need an action wrench, barrel nut wrench, barrel nut, upgraded recoil lug, and NSS makes a tool that aligns the recoil square with the action that is compatible with their action wrench. Savage actions are notched for the recoil lug so it's not needed on savages. You'll need a torque wren h that goes to 50ftlbs and head space guages. I use alittle never seize on my barrel threads so things dont lock up over time. Barrel nuts are a great way for the average Joe to get into some really accurate rifles. People will crap on the barrel nut system saying they arent as accurate but from what I've seen the shoot really well.

Super easy. Criterion
46554FDE-AE2D-4841-B0B8-1C146CFF318A.jpeg

Here's a good video on the subject:

I've built three to date, a .243 AI built on a Remington Model 7 that I already had, the other two (a .22-250 AI and a .260 AI) built on donor actions I picked up second hand on forums like this one. The latter two were projects pieced together over several months. I bought stocks, triggers, bottom metal, etc., when and where I found a good deal. All three barrels are McGowen, ordered when they had a sale. I'm happy with all three rifles; just wish I had ordered a lighter contour for the .243 AI.

Here's the .22-250 Ackley.
22-250-01.jpg

I figured you can get an accurate remage. I did a savage a few weeks ago for my kids and the first 5 shot group was pretty small.

ADAF5218-C1F9-47DF-A901-79AA01A59B41.jpeg

That's a 5 shot group at 100 yards with a .243 savage take off barrel and 87gr vmax in starline brass over IMR 4831. Not sure what happened on shot number 3 but I'd say that's an accurate rifle.

I bought everything from James as well, and if I can do it ANYONE can do it.

James walked me through the whole thing....he's the best

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.