Remage contour

timmymic

ordered a remage style barrel in a sendero contour. Assuming the barrel nut takes the place of the should dementions, when I order my stock will a standard sendero inletted stock still work?

Parts
Carbon six sendero contour
Northland shooting supply barrel nut

DUSTY NOGGIN

the nut will fit, i think you will have a 1-1/2 inch ahead of the nut that normally would be open up to fit that shoulder of a standard remington. i estimate a gap of .095 on each side . then the taper will probably be fairly close after that

what stock are you going with

Last edited:

timmymic

the nut will fit, i think you will have a 1-1/2 inch ahead of the nut that normally would be open up to fit that shoulder of a standard remington. i estimate a gap of .095 on each side . then the taper will probably be fairly close after that

what stock are you going with

Thanks for the info, I’m planning to use the McMillan a3 sporter.

Hbomb11

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you got a a bugnut from bugholes.com, there wouldn't be any need for inletting from what I understand.

DUSTY NOGGIN

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you got a a bugnut from bugholes.com, there wouldn't be any need for inletting from what I understand.

i think the bug hole nut would fill less of the inletting , it does not appear to have the unthreaded portion like a savage nut ( that would fill more of that void )

once the remage type barrels get a little more common , stock mfgs. should make stocks with that inletting pattern or remage barrel mfgs need make a nut that fills that area

Recent Posts