Rem barrel?

Cdpp880

What is a new factory rem ss 300 rum barrel with a brake worth?
I know someone that has one and wanted to offer him something for it just do not know what it is worth.
Thanks

$100-150 is all i'd pay, if the barrel is brand new...Unless it is a Sendero barrel, then maybe $200-225 w/ brake.

Offer him $100...See if he takes it? Never know. I wouldn't pay over $200 for it, personally b/c you could spend $400-500 on a custom barrel and having it chambered. Ya know?

I wouldn't go to high ($) on it; I think Mudrunner is about correct on the price. You've still gotta get it headspaced on your action and that'll cost a few $$.
I wouldn't touch it unless there is some proof the barrel can shoot. Rem barrels are either great or #### it seems.

I wouldn't go to high ($) on it; I think Mudrunner is about correct on the price. You've still gotta get it headspaced on your action and that'll cost a few $$.
I wouldn't touch it unless there is some proof the barrel can shoot. Rem barrels are either great or #### it seems.

This is true....However, in my experiences I have never shot a Sendero rifle that didn't stack 'em from the factory. Might be luck, but I think Rem takes more time on the Senderos than they do their cheap line like the SPS or the $379 specials from Academy and Wally World. To me, those $379 rifles are worth didly, except for a cheap, new 700 action to start a custom build on. Which is what I will probably do for my .280 Ackley build.

Hey 880, I would go at least 200.. if you have the coin?? Go up to 250 cause you will incur some smithing costs.
I have had a couple senderos and both shot very very well... Like .585 and the other .875 @ 200 yrds
Thats my 2cnts..

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.