Reloading Safety

IF you routinely refer to your manual while reloading, make sure that your manual remains open to the SAME PAGE... ... and just slipping in a page marker isn't adequate. Or copy the page that you're going to use and have only that on your bench. Amazingly (amusingly?) quite a few of my colleagues at the range reported catching such a problem in mid-reloading - and not known when the page turned. Starting over isn't always as much fun.

Why would calipers be a safety thing? I do have a good one, just wondering.
Quality calipers, definitely a safety issue. I had an old pair of calipers. I kept them on my reloading table, my better ones in the measuring device toolbox. One day the readings seemed funny. I checked them, and they would read a bit different each time. I have been using calipers and micrometers for 50 some years. Not operator error.
I checked them with known thickness gauge plates. No good.
Too much compression on powders, or incorrect diameters when prepping brass could produce errant barrel pressures.

Paying attention to little details, having a system of sorting, telling this from that also help, and lastly taking a safety measure when loading.

I forgot to mention in earlier post that I use clear drop tube extensions on my powder throwers so I can have a visual on the powder charge as it drops into the case as I am charging my cases and I still inspect my tray full of charged cases by looking into them when I'm done charging them all to see if they all look the same.

My father blessed me when I was about twelve by telling me I could shoot all I wanted, all I had to do was reload all my own ammo. Then he made certain I always hade the components I needed. He did however, back me down from a press to the nylon hammer and "Lee Loader" dies when he came home from work and I had loaded 75 shot shells after school that day.