reloading room in my barn/what efect on powders

longdeer

I just built a boys room in barn and thinking of taking my reloading stuff out there to make more room in house. Just wondering how warm /cold mite efect my powders. I only heat room in winter when I will be out there. Room is on second floor and will be dry but cold when not out there. Thanks for any info.
Bill

See if you can find an old refridgerator and use it to store your powder in. They are very well insulated and make great powder magazines.

Doc, would this fridge be kept running or left off and simply keep the temps at a more even range instead of the up and down swings of outside temps in the winter.

I have had large quanities of powder in the garage through winters and summers (20 to 95+ degrees), with no problems, and no changes in loading data.
My 748 is twenty five years old (I bought 48 pounds) gives the same velocities as it did when new.

Don't worry.

If you don\'t like the idea of a refrigerator......

How about the very large Ice Chests, they insulate very well.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts