Reloading for AR-15

In my RRA wyde chamber 1:9 twist, I get consistent 1.25" groups at 100 yd with 25 gr H335 and any 55 grain bullet loaded in mixed range brass. This loaded chronographs to around 2810 out of my 16" barrel. My most accurate loads are with 55 grain VMax bullets and 24.3 gr IMR 3031. Very clean load as well. Another very accurate load has been 55 gr Nosler VG with 25.8 gr IMR 4064. Also had great results with H322 and Benchmark but I couldn't find my data for those.
Might want to try this load I found it very accurate in my RR. (55 gr. nosler Ballistic tips and 26 gr. of benchmark. It took a lot of trying but after using this, I consistently shot 1/2" groups at 100 yds. Have since moved on from the RR.

18" Wylde chamber spr contour
1:7 twist
77gr smk 2.260" oal
CCI 450
LC '12
IMR 8208 XBR - loaded way above book max.
Neck size/ shoulder bump/ Lee FCD
Neck sized .002" under. Bump .002" also. The crimp is .001"
1/2 moa to 400yds-consistently. I run it to 600yds but haven't verified on paper.

I also use RL-15 with the 65gr SGK

1:7.7 twist, 20"

53gr Vmax, h335, H4895, TAC, & Benchmark, will all shoot 1/2" groups in the 24-25.5 range. h335 is the most consistent across various powder charges.

69 SMK, varget, RL15, and H4895, all shoot 1/2" groups.

I'm getting ready to try out TAC with 62gr TTSX in LC brass but I can't decide on what primers. I'm thinking that the federal gold medal 205 match AR primers are gonna be what I try. Anyone have any experience with them and TAC?

Gun
16" Ballistic advantage barrel
223 wylde
1:8 twist
Mid length gas
Harvester on the nose

I'm getting ready to try out TAC with 62gr TTSX in LC brass but I can't decide on what primers. I'm thinking that the federal gold medal 205 match AR primers are gonna be what I try. Anyone have any experience with them and TAC?

Gun
223 wylde
Mid length gas
Harvester on the nose

I shoot regular Fed205M in my AR (including TAC) and have never had a slam fire or miss fire.

Gun
223 wylde
Mid length gas
Harvester on the nose

I have gotten good results with TAC and Fed match AR primers. The only differrence is that I use 77 grain TMKs. I have a 5.56 chamber and a 24" barrel.

You may want to consider putting a slight crimp on your rounds as well. Here is what Berger told me to do. seat a bullet to the desired length in an empty case. put it in the magazine and let the bolt go forward. Then measure how much the bullet moves. seat another bullet in an empty case and put a slight crimp on it then let the bolt go forward on it and measure. Repeat until the bullet does not move.

Best of luck to you

I've used CFE223 & AR-Comp both with good results in both velocity & accuracy, using 55gr. pills

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.