Reloading for a 7-300 win mag

coyotelite

rifle is currently being built by lane precision. What type of dies should I buy? Midway has a basic set of 7-300 dies but a friend suggested a 300 win mag bushing die for sizing. For seating is there a Micro seating die on the market I should look at for this particular caliber? Thanks in advance

7-300 dies are special order and not near as nice as a competition set from Redding. I would get 300 WM bushing dies with a comp seater. In fact that is what I did with mine.

My 7-300 dies are somewhat of a cobbled set that I put together using spare parts. I use a Redding 7mm Rm neck sizer with a Redding 300 WM body die and I seat with a Hornady 300 WM seating die with a 7mm seater plug. It's not optimal, but my ammo is straight and precise.

Just get 300 win mag dies and order the bushings you need to neck down and order the 30 caliber vld seater stem. The seater stems are caliber specific in the redding dies so don't order a 7mm stem to try and put in the 30 caliber die, it will fit loosely and not work correctly. The 30 caliber vld stem will work on long bullets like the 195 Berger.

My 7-300 dies are somewhat of a cobbled set that I put together using spare parts. I use a Redding 7mm Rm neck sizer with a Redding 300 WM body die and I seat with a Hornady 300 WM seating die with a 7mm seater plug. It's not optimal, but my ammo is straight and precise.
I did almost the same thing, except I used a Wilson 300WM inline bullet seater.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.